SkyscraperCity banner

81 - 100 of 280 Posts

·
Banned
93 Posts
Thanks for the hint, I'll have a look at it!:)

Think population wise that both Gronningen and Utrecht would be considered as the third largest city in Denmark (if they where Danish). Think they both are smaller than Århus but larger than Aalborg or Odense.:)
But think a city of that size is perfect for a day-trip:)
Utrecht is definately not smaller than Arhus.
Metro Utrecht has a population of 1,2 million.

·
Banned
7,712 Posts
Archbishopric Utrecht accounts for well over 3 million :banana:
As the word metropolitan was first used to describe the religious administration, you could argue that Utrecht is by far the largest metro in NL.

·
Banned
7,712 Posts
It just occured to me that on many occasions you bragged about being ever so smart, and to belong to the Mensa organisation. Yet how come you can't even properly spell definitive correctly when the translation of the word in Nederlands proves very helpful: definitief > en anglais: definitive. Neither in your native language, nor in English there would ever be an 'a' in definitive. Allow me to suggest to you to first upgrade your general knowledge before you return to bore our pants off. Your command of the English language equals that of a Polish worker I'd pay around 1 or 2 euro's an hour.

Yes, I enjoy getting down on you. You thoroughly deserve the treatment.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
If you want to visit a smaller town, you can also visit Dokkum (my hometown). It's a small city with a large city centre (many shops) and there's enough to do for at least 1/2 days.

·
Carpe Diem
1,183 Posts
Come to Eindhoven!!! It really is a great place with fantastic shops, fancy bars and restaurants and even the girls look better here then anywhere else. Make sure to check out our Vesteda Tower and Piazza Center for these are really something else. :cheers:

·
Gouda's Glorie
7,807 Posts
Seems like everybody is promoting there boring cities. So I'll promote mine. Come to Gouda, famous for the Gouda cheese, the stroopwafel (delicious!), the stained glass windows of the St. Janskerk, which happens to be the longest church in the Netherlands, the city hall, et cetera et cetera. It happens to be situated in the centre of the Randstad.

Well, I'm pretty sure you'll never visit Gouda, but I just don't want that my beautiful city isn't promoted here :lol:

81 - 100 of 280 Posts