Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
23,154 Posts
thanx ashley, and welcome to the boards. Looks GREAT!! and in a new node away from the other proposed parkside developments. I see it is opposite the site of the new university campus. ooh i do like

·
23,154 Posts
Golden Acre - 6F - Mixed Use - Umhlanga Ridge

NAME: Golden Acre
LOCATION: Umhlanga Ridge New Town Centre (bordered by Centenary Boulevard, Park Drive and Twilight Drive)
FLOORS: 6
USE: Mixed (Residential, Commercial, Retail)

From the Golden Acre website

Golden Acre is a vibrant mixed-use development located in prestigious Umhlanga Rocks New Town Centre. Situated within a distinctive triangular node at the intersections of three tree-lined streets, Golden Acre is afforded high visibility and accessibility. It is a legible composition of sophisticated simplicity that focuses on the creation of a quality 'live-work-play’ environment.

This Atmosphere is enhanced by Golden Acre's prime positioning between convenient amenity nodes. This includes optimal exposure by its sitting directly north of Gateway (along the landscaped Centenary Boulevard), direct links to a proposed university campus, as well the close proximity to the proposed C.J Sander Memorial Park.

The dynamic multi-level configuration of Golden Acre contributes to the identifiable image and market character of its urban locale. Accommodation is skillfully arranged along street edges and around a central courtyard to suit the sloping site, resulting in retail units of varying volumes with full-height shop fronts on lower floors.

Located Above are sub divisional office spaces that offer individual facilities. Upper levels are occupied by a variation of residential units, all designed with balconies. These comprise one, two and three-bedroom apartments, which include spacious penthouses. Basement levels offer secure parking.

Whilst maximising on the potential of its context, Golden Acre elegantly adheres to the broadly defined architectural code of the Umhlanga precinct. By responding to the site's prominent location and sub-tropical climate, the tasteful palette of materials and detailing culminates in Golden Acre's contemporary expression. The use of colonnades, landscaped pavements, shaded walkways, screens balconies and terraces offer interesting edges to the street frontages, whilst the central landscaped courtyard with water features encourages the extension of urban life into the heart of the building.

This Landmark Investment Opportunity, assembled by an experienced professional team, offers an experience for an urban lifestyle that leaves the lasting impression of a lively urban destination.

·
23,154 Posts
wowie.. yah... nice one!

Mikey, does this mean that UKZN is opening a campus in Umhlanga? What faculties are they gonna put there?
Its not going to be UKZN. Is going to be an entirely new university that is starting initially with commerce and social science facilties according to my knowledge, with plans to venture into engineering and law. The details are not very clear at the moment for its still in the final stages of planning and they dont want to release too much info until they have finalised everything.

·
BITTER HEART NEVER REST
11,390 Posts
Thanx Ash, nice one and welcome to the forum.

·
23,154 Posts
i especially like the glass circular end, will look great on that new traffic circle

·
Explore
2,864 Posts
Thanks Ashley and welcome. It looks good (but very similar to everything else in the area)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Golden Acre Prices

Residential:
1 Bed Units - R 1 200 000
2 Bed Units - R 1 800 000
3 Bed Penthouses - R 3 300 000
3 Bed Corner Units - R 4 400 000

Commercial:
Starting from R 1 400 000 - R 7 400 000

Retail:
TO LET

·
23,154 Posts
Residential:
1 Bed Units - R 1 200 000
2 Bed Units - R 1 800 000
3 Bed Penthouses - R 3 300 000
3 Bed Corner Units - R 4 400 000

Commercial:
Starting from R 1 400 000 - R 7 400 000

Retail:
TO LET
What is the size of the commercial area in the building? the prices seem a bit high. what are the per m2 rates?

·
Explore
2,864 Posts
its cos there is a VERY strict architectural code for the area steadfastly stuck to by Moreland
Yeah, I realise that and it's going to look fantastic having that uniformity. It's just all the developments start to blur in my mind :)

·
23,154 Posts
yeah i guess they do to an extent. but i think they all have a slight bit of uniqueness. all in all, what you say is correct, the uniformity will make it fantastic, i'd hate it if buildings were completely clashing like most cbds have portions of

·
South Straddie QLD
10,893 Posts
its cos there is a VERY strict architectural code for the area steadfastly stuck to by Moreland
I remember as I did the 2nd office block in the ridge way back in 95 and the design guidelines were very strict

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Prices

Retail space @ R 18 500/m².

Apartments are selling really fast!!!

The prices are high due to the extent of the finishes and due to Parkside being the "upper part of town".

1 - 20 of 21 Posts