Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some really nice & beautiful old houses ...hopefully they will be restored one day....including the nice public garden in the centre of the town that one sees on older pictures.... it was once a well built small town - given its small size and the fact that the first pictures were taken more than 40 years ago.

I do sincerly hope that in the current national reconstruction process of Angola this town will be given more attention and will rise again from its slumber:)....starting with tarring repeatedly the town´s awfully neglected roads. Its population deserves it.

·
Banned
1,150 Posts
Some really nice & beautiful old houses ...hopefully they will be restored one day....including the nice public garden in the centre of the town that one sees on older pictures.... it was once a well built small town - given its small size and the fact that the first pictures were taken more than 40 years ago.

I do sincerly hope that in the current national reconstruction process of Angola this town will be given more attention and will rise again from its slumber:)....starting with tarring repeatedly the town´s awfully neglected roads. Its population deserves it.
With its small population, I am sure the government will be able to restore this place with in 10 years.:)

·
Registered
40,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brand new pictures from Golungo Alto - taken in Nov. 2017...a huge difference to what it looked like

Conceição Aguilar: Igreja aonde os meus pais, eu e o meu irmão fomos batizados.

Natividade Cristovão A igreja onde eu e minha família fomos batizados

Fatma Fernandes Fernandes Nossa igreja

Luis Cardoso Silva Cardoso: esse predio é nossa propriedade, foi construído pelo meu avô Manuel Porfirio em 1968. A sua destruição parcial pela UNITA no início dos anos oitenta foi o que derivou a morte precoce do meu velho

Courtesy of Fernando Paiva

1 - 6 of 6 Posts