SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Sarcastic Caper
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Campbellton, NB. City population 7,798 (yes, it is incorporated as a city in New Brunswick). Surrounding area population 16,265. Campbellton also gave me a North Sydney type feel.

It's probably most famous for this bridge, or Sugarloaf mountain which is the backdrop of the "skyline" from the Quebec side. (sorry, didn't have time to venture over this trip)

On the way in

Run, I'm coming and I'm from Fredericton! :hell:

The Monster trucks were in town.

Most recognizable building in Campbellton...too bad it's fugly!

Fugly Howard Johnson hotel

·
Banned
4,467 Posts
it probably looks a lot better in the summer. maybe even the winter when everything is less grey. i'm not sure if i've been there before on my way driving to from nova scotia. great pics though! thanks for postin them :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Campbelton is much better in both the summer and the winter. I'm from a little town about 15 minutes from there called Dalhousie. Now there is depressing. A small town that was once the shiretown of Restigouch conunty now run by what i would call a geriatric ward of seniors that want it to "never change". But Northern NB in general is a winter playground with some fun in the summer. You would not beleive the change between now and winter.... It is a snowmobiling destination for thousands pretty well every weekend and there is also the ski hill.... but anyway it is at it's worse in spring and fall but things are better in summer and winter..

·
Sarcastic Caper
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It actually didn't seem too bad when I was there, but it doesn't really look all that attractive in the photos. But it was, afterall, just after the snow melted...some of the rivers in Northern NB were still frozen over when I was driving by them. I thought about going into Dalhousie, but I started the day 3 hours late and was already trying to conserve time to get to Edmundston before sundown.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts