Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just moved to Horsforth and I don't really know the area apart from when I have been on a pub crawl on drunken nights out!

Although I really like the family atmosphere you get from Horsforth I don't know where is good to go for a nice drink and a decent pub meal.

Any suggestions are more than welcome.

cheers:

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Just moved to Horsforth and I don't really know the area apart from when I have been on a pub crawl on drunken nights out!

Although I really like the family atmosphere you get from Horsforth I don't know where is good to go for a nice drink and a decent pub meal.

Any suggestions are more than welcome.

cheers:
The problem with the North of England is that old fashioned pubs are almost non existent except a few in the countryside. I've always found most pubs in and around Leeds to be quite generic type places, with no original characteristics. Whitelocks in the centre of Leeds is about the only original victorian type pub I can think of in the area. I am, however, making my comparisons to the type of pubs you find in London and the South East and I'm sure most of England is similar to Leeds. It's a real shame though, I think. If you go to London, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Dublin and many other large cities, there are plenty of lovely old pubs. Leeds however, almost none.

·
7,095 Posts
The Outside Inn on Town Street is a characterful old place and does good meals if you're looking for a bit of quality that's not cheap. The nearby Black Bull is a fairly ordinary pub, as is The Kings Arms and the Fleece on New Road Side, but the best recomendation I've had for good value pub grub is The Horforth on Featherbank Lane (although not been myself). The Abbey Inn near the river is probably the nicest setting in Horsforth area on a sunny day.

·
ßANNED
4,233 Posts
The Town Street Tavern - great pub!

The Queen's Arms is good too and in a very old building, though don't know what the food's like.

I'd recommend a trip to the Stansfield Arms in Apperley Bridge, which is a short drive away. Food's lovely, feels like a proper country pub (even though it's a short trip out of town), and a great outdoor area in case the weather's actually nice.

·
( rolling pin )
2,007 Posts
Toby carvery.... not really a pub but very similar.
err - what about the decent pub meal! Or the bit about a Good Old Fashiond Pub in Horsforth? lol.

But if you have a heap of kids then yes go to the Eleventh Earl. Actually it is olay for the carvery but totally crap for anything else on the menu.

But excluding Toby carvery you are spoilt for choice. Horsforth is pub 'n grub land. As well as wine 'n dine land. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.