SkyscraperCity banner

81 - 100 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
its all happening in Aldgate/Tower Hamlets at the moment! could a mod move these threads to the Construction Forum? they are all definately under construction now!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Just goes to show how spoilt we are in London when this, its neighbour on Alie Street, Aldgate Tower and 1 Commercial Street all going on in the same area and hardly anyone notices! Anywhere else in the UK and this would be considered a skyline now!
Any more info on these? I had no idea all this was going on. Cheers

EDIT: just seen the threads pop up on the board!

·
Like 'Berg'
6,496 Posts
Delores noticed a new image on the architects website.

However the application was withdrawn in March and an amended scheme should have been submitted two months later.

Judging from EH and others comments I would imagine a height cut or two is in the offing.
This looked so much better than those images shown above. Are we still expecting a similar number of high rise elements as before or are we only getting these two shown on the renders (it looks like more, taller blocks are in the background).

·
Mushy Peas
696 Posts
This is Aldgate Tower and Aldgate Union:

Not too sure as to what is happening to these, but they have put new hoarding up...

http://www.aldgatetower.net/

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=327538&page=9&highlight=aldgate+tower

Also 33 commercial road under construction, again very little info on this and no decent render to say what it will look like.

http://www.skyscrapernews.com/news.php?ref=1775

So far on the Goodman's Fields site they have only developed half of it, so maybe after they have sold all the apartments, they'll move on to the next phase?

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
There is so much construction work going on around here but I think this really is the only one that's going to enhance the area.

·
Registered
42 Posts
delores said:
There is so much construction work going on around here but I think this really is the only one that's going to enhance the area.
Agree, unless they start on the Aldgate place sites on the high street anytime soon (there were reports they were restarting but I haven't seen any signs). While I think any development is generally positive, with the recession there seems to be attempts to increase the proportion of the buildings, particularly on the high street, that are residential rather than commercial. A mix is needed, but for the high street they need to encourage the middle and back offices of the city to move east into Aldgate properly.

·
Ho hum
2,752 Posts
Eastendbanker said:
Agree, unless they start on the Aldgate place sites on the high street anytime soon (there were reports they were restarting but I haven't seen any signs). While I think any development is generally positive, with the recession there seems to be attempts to increase the proportion of the buildings, particularly on the high street, that are residential rather than commercial. A mix is needed, but for the high street they need to encourage the middle and back offices of the city to move east into Aldgate properly.
There's likely to be some movement on aldgate soon - finally!

·
Make America Great Again!
893 Posts
Bumping for updates! :)

Has any glazing gone up yet? Have any of the buildings already U/C reached their final heights?

·
893 Posts
Can anyone get some new pictures?

·
893 Posts
This looks amazing, and HUGE!

·
Like 'Berg'
6,496 Posts
Those bricks are gorgeous, really smart looking development. It is fresh but not to the point were it will date easily or prematurely.

Also, Why oh why do people quote ALL the images that someone has just posted to then say as much as I have just done?! Really grates on me :(

·
893 Posts
Not construction photos but some renders from Berkley's website which I hadn't seen before:

81 - 100 of 215 Posts