SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Bermondsey Boro
2,342 Posts
It's clear as anything in Horsforth. I've been able to time when the photos were taken by the fact that my old Civic Type R that I sold about 3 years ago is parked outside my flat!

·
Salford Red
1,561 Posts
They do not update the UK pictures for some reason, in fact they have gone backwards. There is no Beetham for Manchester for example, not even an Imperial War Museum North. There used to be, I think they changed it back for some reason, can't remember what it was.

·
Salford Red
1,561 Posts
leeds the best said:
spain germany and holland have just been updated i can see almeria and the coastline now
Where I live hasn't!

·
Registered
9,495 Posts
Yes google earth its good stuff but they could do with expanding the high res images into Harrogate and York.

Mind you Microsofts Windows Live Local at http://local.live.com/ is even more out of date as for example the only building on Whitehall Riverside is that white office block, and you can see such long demolished buildings such as Leeds Permanent Tower and Leeds Civic Hall Overspill building. My guess is these images are from about 1997/8 as opposed to 2002 for Google Earth

Also has anyone made any 3d models of buildings in Leeds yet as some people have done 3d models of landmarks in London such as Canary Wharf, NatWest Tower and the Gherkin? Such as those at the following link: http://digitalurban.blogspot.com/2006/01/google-earth-tower-42-and-swiss-re.html?&tags=Google-Earth

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've seen a 3D model of Newcastle city centre on the internal network at university. Don't think it is anything that has/will be released though.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Now can someone tell me how I can edit this place mark as I update it so I don't have to post a new thread there everytime I change something on the placemark folder in GoogleEarth...

·
Registered
774 Posts
Google Earth view of Leeds must be 3-4 year old. Yet if you look at it, it is amazing how many changes are there. CD, BWP, City Island and Gateway were nowhere in sight! Oh dear, I'll try to save the file as it is for history. I know we always moan that things are so slow, yet if you look back just a few years, it's like light-speed changes.

·
Mhmm?
3,725 Posts
One thing I have noticed about the Google Earth images of the city centre is that they have not stitched it up properly. I'm not talking about the angles which the photographs are taken from, but if you look along the right hand side of Briggate, the streets which should be in line with those on the left hand side are far further south than they should be.

Subliving.

·
Mhmm?
3,725 Posts
Nup, if you stand right at the end of Kind Edward Street, you can see all the way up to West Riding House, with nothing in the way, just a straight road leading directly to the podium below the tower. On google Earth, if you look at the road opposite King Edward Street, it is not directy in line, and you would definately not be able to see the podium of WRH from the end of that street.

Subliving.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts