Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Covering 4 States and 1 Territory (NSW, ACT, VIC, SA, WA), more than 4 000 km, with a recored time of just above 3 days (thanx to alot of speeding and night driving)
I have done a journey that shows Australia to a person like no other. Highly recommend it.

Here are some of my pictures.
All Pics on FlickR Page >>

Canberra

In Transit

Adelaide

In Transit

From Sydney and well past the WA border the Navigation screen always had ">1Tkm" (more then one thousand k's to the destination) but now it had figures! (was really really happy at this point haha)

100k's from Perth, woooo!

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Awesome trip, awesome shots.

Canberra has a really strong "Washington DC" vibe in those photos with the rain-swept autumnal streets, solid beaucratic buildings and wide avenues.

·
Go Krauthammer!
544 Posts
Great shots. The rain seemed to be following you. Perhaps you should just keep driving around drought stricken Australia!

·
Banned
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great shots. The rain seemed to be following you. Perhaps you should just keep driving around drought stricken Australia!
lol it is so true. it did follow me. everywhere i went i had rain, heavy rain too.

and omg so funny, i could be the answer to australia's drought crisis. LOL!!

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
Thats their loss.
The pictures are superb and you caputred the spirit of Adelaide albeit on a rainy weekend morning with no activity :D

·
moonage daydream
626 Posts
Whats this place? The Australian institute of Heavy Metal?:rock::rock::rock:

·
Here
6,589 Posts
Whats this place? The Australian institute of Heavy Metal?:rock::rock::rock:
Not quite ...

It is the Australian American Memorial, it is 78 metres tall, made from aluminum. That V is actually an eagle with wings up swept in a victory sign.

IN GRATEFUL REMEMBRANCE OF THE VITAL HELP GIVEN BY THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA DURING THE WAR IN THE PACIFIC 1941-45
UNVEILED BY HER MAJESTY QUEEN ELIZABETH II FEBRUARY 16th 1954

·
Mainland Sea & Sky
6,242 Posts
Absolutely awesome pics and as if I were the tourist to travel the scene with the pics you showed to us ......

1 - 20 of 21 Posts