SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 509 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a thread for cool pictures from the heart of Scandinavia, Gothenburg. Feel free to add pics of your own.

I will start off. There are underground spaces all around the city. In the pic you see the spaces under the port. It was constructed to store petrol in times of war. But recently the port started using it for storing oil.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
^^ Sure you can. And actually it is very healthy. It will even out your skin tone and make your hair shine. But you should not drink the oil without consulting your doctor first. A lot of people are allergic to internal use of oil. That is almost surtenly the case, if you are allergic to fire. So another way to find out, is to set yourself on fire. If you feel the slightest bit of discomfort, then you should not drink oil. And you should put out the fire. Don't use oil for that, though.

Anyways, incedible photo. I am looking foreward to see more of Gothenburg.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^ Hehe, good theories there Xed. Although, I think this picture was taken before they filled it up with oil. It's probably just sea water.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Two pics from Skandiahamnen (not so far from Skarvikshamnen with the oil depots in previous post). The ship is Emma Mærsk, the biggest container ship in the world. The cranes were especially installed to be able to welcome ships in this size. However, Mærsk currently don't use Emma for the route to Gothenburg.

·
Scandi-friendly
7,714 Posts
^^ Sure you can. And actually it is very healthy. It will even out your skin tone and make your hair shine. But you should not drink the oil without consulting your doctor first. A lot of people are allergic to internal use of oil. That is almost surtenly the case, if you are allergic to fire. So another way to find out, is to set yourself on fire. If you feel the slightest bit of discomfort, then you should not drink oil. And you should put out the fire. Don't use oil for that, though.

Anyways, incedible photo. I am looking foreward to see more of Gothenburg.
I think you've mixed something about us Norwegians here. We PUMP up the OIL, and SWIM in the MONEY. Not the other way around:nuts:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Some pictures of snowy Gothenburg:

The league premiere is only 3 weeks away! Gamla Ullevi:

Valhalla IP:

Lorensberg:

People who didn't take up their boats will learn a lesson:

The hockey rink on Ullevi is still there:

The archipelago:

Scandinavium:

Korsvägen:

Åstol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice photos. Could you post some of them on higher resolution? I wanted to use some of the 'snow' pictures as background on my desktop.

An other question, by any chance you have Kärra photos? If so, could you post them? I'd be happy if you do so. I was there in august 2009 but my camera ran out of battery and I couldn't take much photos.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks both!

Nice photos. Could you post some of them on higher resolution? I wanted to use some of the 'snow' pictures as background on my desktop.

An other question, by any chance you have Kärra photos? If so, could you post them? I'd be happy if you do so. I was there in august 2009 but my camera ran out of battery and I couldn't take much photos.
No, I'm sorry, the pics are only in this small size. I took the from G-P, the local newspaper. I have no pics from Kärra either.

1 - 20 of 509 Posts