Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
You know what really annoys me, all these images and renders , none of them actually have viable parking spaces. I'm really hoping they learned from Cairo and Alexandria and added underground parking while they still can. Much cheaper and faster to do it now then to add it in later. Seems very unlikely they did though given how fast they were constructed.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Apparently this is the official page that has been releasing these renders.

They have more images and it has higher quality than what's posted on all the other pages.

Example.

This is what's supposed to be the "Ministries area".

There are more pictures in the album, but don't know if I should post them all, I only made my account to bring that page to the attention of the posters here tbh lol

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Wow. The planners are certainly thinking 'monumental' when designing the buildings. They actually look a bit neo-Egyptian in overall architecture, which may be the whole point.
Much better than the lifeless modern buildings in Dubai. Not as glamorous but there's a reason why many would choose Vienna over New York. Sick of all the commie looking copy and paste architecture.

·
23,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Apparently this is the official page that has been releasing these renders.

They have more images and it has higher quality than what's posted on all the other pages.

Example.

This is what's supposed to be the "Ministries area".

There are more pictures in the album, but don't know if I should post them all, I only made my account to bring that page to the attention of the posters here tbh lol
Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing, I hope you decide to stick around. :cheers:

Those renders are definitely legit. The bottom picture shows the cabinet building which is already being constructed according to that design. I guess they fine-tuned the 5+ UDC one.

·
23,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I'm looking at these two particular renders. Looks like the cabinet building will be adjacent to a plaza of some sort. I suppose the parliament building could be on the other side of the plaza. Each one of those blocks is going to be a ministry.

·
Registered
85 Posts
You know what really annoys me, all these images and renders , none of them actually have viable parking spaces. I'm really hoping they learned from Cairo and Alexandria and added underground parking while they still can. Much cheaper and faster to do it now then to add it in later. Seems very unlikely they did though given how fast they were constructed.

I found this article that says the parliament will have a "two storey garage".

·
23,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It just says it's inside, doesn't mention if it's underground.
But if you look at the renders you can actually see a road leading underground. It just boggles my mind why they'd have both above ground and underground parking. Above ground parking eats up too much space and it makes everything look so suburban.

1 - 20 of 183 Posts