SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Heloooo!!!,Because EG is an spanish speaking nation,maybe????
Well, French is as well official, due to political and regional influence for sure, even if it was a Spanish colony.

But exactly, because of this, why did they use the French standard before? It was exactly the same Spanish speaking country before and now. :D I was just curious about the change. :)

French signage standard is pretty common in many French former colonies in Africa (Morocco, Argeria...), while Spanish standard is not used in any other country. Well, actually Chile now has a signage design really close to the Spanish model, probably due to the last motorways built by Spanish companies there during the last years.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Ahora que lo mencionas...sí, tienes razón, pero por lo demás es muy español y eso que ARG es una empresa brasileña.
Imagino que Guinea habrá adoptado la señalización española. Esos cambios de sentido son muy frecuentes en Brasil, si te pasas por el hilo brasileño del foro verás muchos.

I guess Guinea has adopted Spanish signage style. These U-turns are very common in Brazil, you'll see a lot of them in the Brazilian topic.

·
52,413 Posts
Google Earth has released new base imagery of the world, taken by Landsat 8. In some areas of the world, this is the first cloud-free imagery ever incorporated in Google Earth, in particular along the equator and in mountain ranges.

Although the imagery has a very low resolution, it reveals some new developments, in this case in mainland Equatorial Guinea. The east-west motorway discussed earlier is visible across the country, to the Gabon border. They also appeared to have built a northeast branch to the Cameroon border.

Two new cities are built in the jungle, with an airport in between. These cities are approximately 50 kilometers apart.

Zoomed in at the airport area, there is also a full cloverleaf to the northeast branch.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
It's weird. It's like looking at Spanish signage, but without the messy "boxes" with the road numbers in different colours. Also, they seem to use two different typefaces (Transport heavy and Transport light?).

At least, that AP-1 is not tolled [apparently] :troll:

·
12,484 Posts
I think this post fits here. I was not aware that they have such a developed motorway network, as the 3 main cities are connected.

Equatorial Guinea has a fully developed motorway network.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
^^ Equatorial Guinea has Africa's highest GDP per capita (not counting Mauritius and Seychelles). It's also one of the most unequal countries of the world (there's no data about its Gini coefficient, though, so this might be biased by my appreciations on what the media says). But they have undoubtedly put their large oil reserves to good use.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts