SkyscraperCity Forum banner
161 - 180 of 214 Posts
Since my last visit I've noticed some ugly (not even straight) PVC downpiping has gone in - there is already downpiping in the balcony walls, so wondering if they ever do this temporarily to manage water during construction?

On that note - who experts around who can tell me the difference between the silver (alu?) and red (copper? bronze) piping? Mostly curious about the red one going up-down (covered in tape) and the silver only going across.

Piping

I believe that the copper pipes are water; silver ones are gas (if they are like they are in the States). I am not sure which red one you are referring to... it looks like the red is paper covering the doors to protect them. There is what appears to be a pipe but I think it is a temporary support beam...

Pipping

Copper is cold and hot water supply horizontal with take off for each unit.
Not sure why both risers are covered hot will have insulation , may be to protect.
Large Silver is galvanised pipe for sprinklers.
Red is circular foam cut vertically so it can be put over aluminium jambs to protect them.

Red meant copper (it's covered in white tape) - the red foam is just over the door frames to protect them.

Each unit has it's own hot water cylinder - my current rental has central hot water, but it's 100% not the case in Grace. There is no gas

So from Robnob's post I gather silver is sprinklers which makes sense and copper is cold water supply.

I had confirmed that the ugly PVC is permanent but 'wont look like that at the end', whatever that means.

September 2018 Newsletter

CONSTRUCTION UPDATE

We're thrilled to announce that Grace Victoria Quarter topped out last month and that all major structural works are now complete. This marks a significant construction milestone for the project.

The residents' lounge on level 10 is shaping up nicely with the steel structure fully formed. Internal works are progressing well with window joinery installed to level 6, painting continuing to the breezeway walls and plasterboard being installed into level 1 and 2 apartments.

A temporary lift has been installed in preparation for the crane to be removed from site in November.

161 - 180 of 214 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.