1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered Abuser
17,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Client: Woodland Trust
Architect: Fielden, Clegg, Bradley
Main Contractor: B & K Building Services

Designed by Architects Fielden, Clegg, Bradley, the new headquarters for the Woodland Trust, in Grantham, Lincolnshire will house a staff of 200 people and aims to create a highly innovative and sustainable building achieving a BREEAM Excellent rating.

B & K Structures secured the contract to design, manufacture and install glulam structural timber and a unique cross-laminated timber roof structure, designed to provide a sustainable structural roof incorporating large areas of suspended concrete slabs throughout the interior. The concrete will provide a large thermal mass which will act as a natural radiator by absorbing heat from the offices during the day and recycling to make significant contributions towards reducing energy usage.

B & K Structures has undertaken stringent in-house testing to ensure that the bonding and weight between the concrete and the engineered timber meets all the necessary safety requirements. The tests will continue throughout the life of the project.

The building is intended to strengthen the Woodland Trust core cultural values as the leading voluntary sector organisation devoted to the conservation of the UK’s woodland.

www.woodlandtrust.org.uk

The current HQ in my town is a 2 story high office block from the 50s...a dreadful looking thing I hope is demolished after the trust move out.

·
Registered Abuser
17,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is now finished.

None of these pics are by myself... nicked from google images.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts