SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BBC Sport Website reporting this. I gather this was expected but good news anyhow! Now, England just needs to get the Rugby Union World Cup 2015! :):banana:

·
Registered
881 Posts
Great news, thanks!!!

The format is likely to be a standard 4 pool competition:
Pool One - 4 teams
Pool Two - 4 teams
Pool Three - 3 teams
Pool Four - 3 teams
Probably Eng, NZ, Fra & Aus get a Pool each (strange England will go it alone and not be GBR)
12 teams qualify automatically plus two qualifiers

I'm quite surprised it is 14 teams, 10 teams was a success in a great economic environment, and 16 was too big because of too many not great matches (and too many game -->exhaustion). I was hoping they would be sensible and make it 12 teams with four pools and only four teams qualifying automatically; given world economies it seems sensible and most likley to be successful.

just saw the dates, oops my mistake, its already known -was wondering why it was posted now

·
Registered
423 Posts
Rugby League World Cup - so that will be England and Australia in the final; France and New Zealand in 3rd/4th spot - and nobody else even remotely close??

·
Registered
451 Posts
Great news, thanks!!!

The format is likely to be a standard 4 pool competition:
Pool One - 4 teams
Pool Two - 4 teams
Pool Three - 3 teams
Pool Four - 3 teams
Probably Eng, NZ, Fra & Aus get a Pool each (strange England will go it alone and not be GBR)
12 teams qualify automatically plus two qualifiers

I'm quite surprised it is 14 teams, 10 teams was a success in a great economic environment, and 16 was too big because of too many not great matches (and too many game -->exhaustion). I was hoping they would be sensible and make it 12 teams with four pools and only four teams qualifying automatically; given world economies it seems sensible and most likley to be successful.

just saw the dates, oops my mistake, its already known -was wondering why it was posted now
you have know idea what your talking about mate...

go look on wikipedia and have alook how the last world cup in 2008 worked using the super pool format....the super pool,with australia,england,NZ plus 1 other,is very likely going to be used again in 2013

1 - 6 of 6 Posts