SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 192 Posts

·
By Spirit
25,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Fullerton Hotel

The Fullerton Hotel Singapore

The Fullerton Building, originally built in 1928. Begins a new Chapter in its 72-years history, with its restoration into Singapore's Landmark Hotel, The Fullerton Singapore. The historic significance and unique architecture make the building eminently suited for a grand hotel. Designed by the Shanghai-based firm of Keys & Dowdeswell, this historic landmark enjoys a strategic location at the mouth of the bustling Singapore River, making it the focal point of commercial activities during its heyday.
The Fullerton Singapore's prime location in the heart of the Civic District, is in tandem with its rich history. Lying at the forefront of Raffles Place, Singapore's financial and business district, it enjoys close proximity to the cultural centres of Victoria Theatre and Concert Hall, The Esplanade Theatres on the Bay, as well as art museums in the vicinity.

In the olden days when people travelled by sea, the Fullerton Building was a familiar landmark for visitors arriving into Singapore.

·
Penang Skyscrapers Hunter
10,128 Posts
oh my god!!! :eek2:

is it still under ranovation??

·
Here Since 2002
7,257 Posts
lots of classic hotels in singapore. getting confused with Raffles and this. not to mention that old post office, or is that Raffles hotel?

·
ไทย Amazing Thailand 泰&#2
3,351 Posts
very nice hotel. must be extremely expensive though.
It looks like Roman style bldg. pretty cool. right in the financial district..hmm..that's good for business people. :)

·
By Spirit
25,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fullerton Hotel - built 1928 - post office initially, converted to hotel in late 2000 approx. location by the river.

Raffles Hotel - built 1887. The singapore sling cocktail was first created here.

both hotels are located about 10 min walk apart.

szehoong> did u go to the Fullerton Hotel since it opened?

renell> heres a pic of Raffles Hotel

·
Registered
6,099 Posts
it's got an infinity pool..... and i'd like to know what exactly is an infinity pool??

btw szehoong it's cheaper to stay at fullerton than at raffles... and my teacher had her wedding at the underground ballroom!!! goodness... and cos she was teh teacher in charge for teh string ensem, she had a string ensemble at her wedding!! so grand1!! argh.

·
12,928 Posts
Yeah......but I think it still cost quite a bit to stay there. I went to the website and saw the rooms.....it was luxurious! But of course Raffles which is a boutique hotel is much more expensive ;)

Raffles City > I wish I had! Anyway the last time I went down to Singapore is in Feb 2001......I would love to be there again but I had no one to host me there.....hehehe.......I would have to booked well in advance for RCI resorts then ;)

BTW do they allow any photography in the hotel lobby? :?

·
12,928 Posts
heirloom said:
it's got an infinity pool..... and i'd like to know what exactly is an infinity pool??

btw szehoong it's cheaper to stay at fullerton than at raffles... and my teacher had her wedding at the underground ballroom!!! goodness... and cos she was teh teacher in charge for teh string ensem, she had a string ensemble at her wedding!! so grand1!! argh.
Your teacher is so lucky! ANyway is the underground ballroom used to be the gentlemen's club for a club (forgot its name) which previously occupy the building?

·
By Spirit
25,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
szehoong> I dont see why u cant photograph the lobby. Perhaps you should ask them. I recommend the riverside coffeehouse. Its not as expensive as I thought it was:angel1:

heirloom> i think its just some kinda brand name perhaps? Maybe a pool with wave functions etc. Best is to call them and ask.

·
Registered
6,099 Posts
ohoh i've got a pic of me and two of my best friends at the lobby of the fulllerton!! but i think i look really ugly in dat pic... we were hrmmm accompnaying my friend in her chase for some guys across the hotel or something... then we stopped to take a pic.. haha spastic..

·
Melbourne Zealot
1,300 Posts
Fullerton is one of my favourite old buildings in Singapore! Can't believe it was built as RECENTLY as 1928...ie it's not that old! Brilliant!

·
By Spirit
25,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not that old? I suppose. I mean Queen Elizabeth II is 2 years older although the Empire State Building is 5 years younger :D

All lighted up for Christmas. Dec 02

A pic I took recently

·
ไทย Amazing Thailand 泰&#2
3,351 Posts
I know that Raffles hotel is better. but I actually like the design of this Fullerton hotel better. It looks amazing especially at night.

1 - 20 of 192 Posts