SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
15,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, anyone else taking part again this year?

This will be my fourth entry, on the streets I do the 10km in about 54mins but would be happy with anything less than 1hr given the congestion.

This year it clashes with the Rugby League Magic Weekend so town will be rammed.

·
Mancunian Member
7,177 Posts
I'll be there - I'd really like sub 50, but I'll still be happy with under an hour! :)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Sadly not for me this year.

I've run for Hospitality Action in the past and managed to sneak under 45mins on occasion but sadly was diagnosed with subchondral cysts last month (medical shorthand: "shagged knees") so my running days are over. My better half is running though, so me and the boys will be doing the moral support thing from somewhere nearby.

Ideally somewhere that serves beer.

Good luck to everyone who is running, it's over in no time so leave *nothing* out there on the route! (/peptalk)

Cheers

Thom

·
Mancunian Member
7,177 Posts
54:08 - which is fine since I hardly trained and the weather was rather warm!! Well done everyone who took part! :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
I too watched the BBC coverage earlier and Manchester looked magnificent in the sunshine - it is a great city (not that I have to tell anyone on here that!). Well done to everyone who ran and the organisers too!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I too watched the BBC coverage earlier and Manchester looked magnificent in the sunshine - it is a great city (not that I have to tell anyone on here that!). Well done to everyone who ran and the organisers too!
This. And it looked amazing yesterday -the Athletics

1 - 15 of 15 Posts