• -

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • -

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 1554 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
The new stadium was made for handball for the Athens 2004 Olympics. It is situated in a beutiful location right on the beach and has great exterior architecture. I personally love this stadium and every aspect of it. I do not think they could have made a nicer looking stadium to go along with the surroundings.

What do you think?

Photos from www.stadia.gr, www.athens2004.com, www.daniilidis.gr

·
head up funny boy
2,002 Posts
The Sports Pavilion is truly beautiful and very elegant. It has a capacity of 8,100 spectators and it was the venue of Taekwondo and Handball for the Athens 2004 Olympic Games. Unfortunately i do not know who the architekt is... I especially like the facades of wood...

·
Registered
27,960 Posts
9/10

looks very good

·
Registered
579 Posts
This one is great!!!
What'll happen with all the arenas in Athens after the Olympics. Are they in use, or just stand there empty?

·
head up funny boy
2,002 Posts
The Peace and Friendship Stadium is this one.... They have the same shape but they dont look the same...

·
Registered
27,960 Posts
The Peace and Friendship Stadium is bigger :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
pretty nice and retro exterior, which is pretty hot right now. what do they use these venues for after the olympics that they built for marginal sports? Looks like it could be converted into a nice concert venue.

7/10

·
Banned
162 Posts
This is the third best building of Athens olympic stadiums in my opinion,after the main Olympic stadium and the velodrome.Its in a fantastic seaside area and the atmosfere there during the olympics was so magical..

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
from losada of stadia.gr

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
I like the look of the outside .. and its surroundings .. 9/10

·
Registered
144 Posts
Nothing special, not large, but at least it doesn't have a racing track. Good stadium

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
This stadium will never happen, AEK won't get a stadium there. Residents are complaining etc....

Plus it's not even an official proposal, but only one done since it is close to "election" time. Plus the current president said he wants a bigger and better stadium, and already said this land (Nea Philadelphia) cannot be built on.

Anyway, here are a few more pics:

·
Tres huevos
2,733 Posts
Request: Athens Olympic Stadium

I would like to set in my screen an Athens Olympic Stadium photo as wallpaper but I haven't found none with the appropiate size. Could someone post some 1024 x 768 pixel photos of the ceremonies?

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 1554 Posts