Skyscraper City Forum banner

Should Green Bay go into the Milwaukee section or the general Midwest section?

• Merge with Milwaukee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Put everything into general Midwest items

Votes: 25 78.1%
  • Other (leaving section as-is is not going to be a possibility, however)

Votes: 7 21.9%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
10,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After some discussion among the moderators it's agreed the Green Bay section is too small to warrant its own section anymore. I am starting this thread to discuss whether the Green Bay stuff should be merged in with the Milwaukee section, or just put into the regular Midwest section?

·
6,504 Posts
I voted, but it probably would have been better to have done this internally and quietly, particularly given that it's an easy call that a city that small doesn't need its own subforum. A message could have then been left in the subforum to let them know what was going on.

The optics of putting this up for everyone else to vote on really is bad optics.

·
West Sider, Born & Raised
6,475 Posts
My recent posts have just been considerably severed and shortened through moderation. I've been posting, my own information, here since 2008 and this has never happened before. This really changes things.

·
10,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I shortened them because they appeared to be articles from online sources (which would normally be copyrighted and thus subject to forum rules). If those were your own articles written by yourself, I apologize.

·
West Sider, Born & Raised
6,475 Posts
I vote for putting the GB section into general Midwest items, where I think it used to be. I think the GB section goes back to something like 2002 (?), so I hope the earlier posts all will remain.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I shortened them because they appeared to be articles from online sources (which would normally be copyrighted and thus subject to forum rules). If those were your own articles written by yourself, I apologize.
You shortened them because they "appeared" to be articles from online sources? What type of moderation is that? Tower is one of the most dedicated and accurate followers of urban development we have on this site. The only reason the little Green Bay thread has even close to the number of views it has, is because of him. This man literally goes to local city councils meetings in order to give other users the benefit of a first-hand account of the events which took place. He easily could do this for pay somewhere or ask for something in return, but he never does. He is the epitome of what this site is supposed to be about - people who are passionate about the built environment and how it shapes and influences the cultures of today.

This is really shoddy work by the site.

Tower, thanks for all of your hard work. I'm sorry that some of it has been deleted based on a hunch.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.