SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Show bus designs with new technologies such as buses powered by hydrogen or ethanol.

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Some bus developed in Brazil

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Techonoly from the 21th centruy, design from the 80's, strange combination.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have some questions for those who understand technological specifics better than myself.

Wouldn't it be more efficient to build hybrid buses that were entirely powered by electric motors with electricity provided by diesel powered generators? Buses are constant stop and go vehicles so wouldn't this set up be more deficient since electric motors have higher torque at low end? Plus some energy could be recuperated through regenerative braking. Also the roof of a bus is quite large. Why not cover it in solar panels. I realize it would not be enough but could they not provide at least twenty to thirty percent of the energy required?(especially if they are sitting in traffic)

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brazilian new project

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
wow how mature! Why you mention Turkey, because I am from Turkey?

Btw here is a Turkish Hybrid bus by Temsa which is being used in countries such as UK, Germany, Portugal anywhere in Europe..

Portugal

Germany

UK

UK

so Turkey? Not really :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Phileas Eindhoven
Advanced guided hybride bus
In service: 2004

Because it has a guided system, the bus doesn't need a bus driver. The route already is programmed in advance. But in 2008 the decision is made to have a bus driver, because of the Dutch Law, every vehicle on the road needs a driver.

In the last years this technology is sold to Istanbul, Douai (France), Korea, Haifa, Amsterdam and Cologne.

In the beginning there were a lot of problems, because this technology is to advance and many years ahead. This project is build by the hi-tech and innovations companies in Eindhoven and Fokker Aerospace. Now the Koreans are improving this hybride technology.

Phileasbus from Eindhoven in Turkey

Phileasbus in France (I think it's a promotion bus because of the Dutch licenceplate)

·
Banned
844 Posts
Messi, I'm from Brazil, if you are from Turkeyor not, does not matter, what matters is your sarcasm and lack of information when it issued its opinion.

Brazil is a major producer of buses in the world, there are many other models as those shown here, including the bus used for transportation in the crown of 2010 (outside the teams, which were the Hyundai and ugly by the way!! !), were all made by Marcopolo, a Brazilian company, with factories in South Africa, Egypt, Mexico and other countries.

Talking to the models of Brazil has desing of the 80 is ridiculous:bash:, however, the model that has the design more "late" is just the Volvo hybrid, imported from Sweden, and will be manufactured in Brazil, but obviously well-designed better.

The bus shows that you are up to modern, but very ugly, as the Turkish bus, did not know that Turkey is manufactured buses, there's nothing so modern ................:nuts:

These bi-articulated bus Europeans, who are in these latest pictures are horrible! who did it ?????!!!!!!!!!!!:bash:

Why make a bus look like a train ?????!!!!!!!!!! Horrible, what bad taste, these are the "modern" european bus ??!!!!!!!!!!:eek:hno:

So, not much is if you import from Turkey or other country of Europe, your opinion showed only a very biased and sarcastic view of things done in Brazil, saying that here is just old stuff, compared with Europe, some Europeans have this vision, and out of reality, but what can you do ................. would be lack of information or ignorance? but most often are the two things ...............:eek:hno:

Or, Messi, are you just a Troll?????????:uh:

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Only because I said that the design looks like from 80's (which is right) I am a troll, I am being sarcastic and I have lack of information? It was a simple comment about my opinion, what's all that overreaction?

For me a hybrid bus with such a design is nearly surrealistic. It's like hybrid technology has been used in the 80's. No matter how you call me, I am right and lot of people would agree with me.

·
Banned
844 Posts
Only because I said that the design looks like from 80's (which is right) I am a troll, I am being sarcastic and I have lack of information? It was a simple comment about my opinion, what's all that overreaction?

For me a hybrid bus with such a design is nearly surrealistic. It's like hybrid technology has been used in the 80's. No matter how you call me, I am right and lot of people would agree with me.

This model is old, including Brazil, is only a prototype !!!!!!!!! and it is this model that you think the Brazilian bus has 80 years of design !!!!!!!???????:bash:

He really haven't a beautiful design or modern, but what you showed in the pictures are also very ugly!

That portuguese bus is horrible, the english, is not the best ............. no one who showed you are "advanced" as you think it is !!!!!!!:eek:hno:

You are not certain of the design are the 80, it's just your opinion, which I do not agree, or better, if the bus Brazilians are the 80, so that you showed, the bus Europeans can be worse than the bus Brazilians that time !!!!!!!!:lol:

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
When I talked about design i didn't even realize it's Brazilian or something.. I just wanted to see what is meant by "green bus". I saw some pictures and it would weird to me and left a comment without knowing which bus has what "nationality" Now it's turned Brazilian buses vs European buses.. If you don't like European buses, fine but why can't you accept me not liking these buses as well, why all that natinalistic overreaction because of some buses?

Btw this "portuguese" and "english" are all the same bus you didn't even look carefully at the pictures. It is made by Temsa which is a Turkish brand. One guy began somehow to talk about Turkish buses (I guess because I am from Turkey) and I showed him some exported buses with modern design. They might be ugly to some which is subjective but they are modern.

·
Banned
844 Posts
Messi............bus from Portugal, England, Turkey, everyone seems to just boxes on wheels, these are really strange for us Brazilians.

If you did not see that the former were made in Brazil, I have not seen that show that you were Turkish, so I mentioned England and Portugal !!!!!!!!!

Compare the industry in Turkey and the industry from Brazil, really has no way !!!!!!!!:eek:hno:

And Turkey is not Europe and even if it was, so what??:eek:hno:

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Whatevet Turkey is, European, Asian, Marsian doesn't change anything in this case so no need to talk about this here. Buddy you might think this Turkish buses are ugly, it's your subjective opinion but you can't deny they are modern if you are objective and we are talking about modern design here and not if these buses are ugly or not but okay let's close this topic.

Btw what's wrong with Brazil's industry? My opinion about Brazil's industry was always positive, you even build airplanes which is a positive sign of developed industry.

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Whatevet Turkey is, European, Asian, Marsian doesn't change anything in this case so no need to talk about this here. Buddy you might think this Turkish buses are ugly, it's your subjective opinion but you can't deny they are modern if you are objective and we are talking about modern design here and not if these buses are ugly or not but okay let's close this topic.

Btw what's wrong with Brazil's industry? My opinion about Brazil's industry was always positive, you even build airplanes which is a positive sign of developed industry.
yes it's true, most of our buses are pretty ugly, but every day is getting better.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts