SkyscraperCity Forum banner
581 - 600 of 899 Posts

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
I went running around the park yesterday (sans camera unfortunately).

You can access the whole place - I ran around the golf course, which is too beautiful for words.
They are building an amphitheatre next to the big circle field in the park, and the landscaping is looking great.
The whole area is just brilliant.

I met an older gent also walking around the course, and he said he was really against the whole thing when it started, negative etc, but now he loves it so much it brings tears to his eyes.

Yes.

·
Registered
479 Posts
But still so many odds and ends that need to be hurried.
Agree Mo. Now the tennis precinct project is delayed too, if not changed.

They demolished 5 tennis courts from Green Point Tennis Club without replacing them. :bash: Instead renovating Swiss Social Tennis clubhouse.

Do they want to p*** off the local community completely?
The local tennis club must have lots of soccer fans, if they don't complain about the way get treated :eek:hno:

Or is soccer compensating for the inconveniences and damages ? :cheers:

·
Registered
28,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #591 ·
Those courts were just not really used. There has been extensive consultation with those around the tennis precinct.

The project is not a huge deal, but the tender has been delayed for the courts, because there is no rush to have the courts ready by the WC.

The crucial part would be the new road into the tennis precinct, which will be used as access to the temporary parking surfaces at the back of the V&A.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Stadium Surrounding Area

Its a tiled mural with pieces of mirrors on the wall, also showing the number 46664 on either side of the tunnel leading into the IRT station.

There is also much more signage around the area. A totem pole like design with directions to the Stadium, Bus station, Rail station, V&A and surrounding areas.

McDonalds is still closed, apparently re-opening this week.

581 - 600 of 899 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.