SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On my way from Holland to Puerto Rico, last December, I saw a cloudless Greenland. Some pics from this spectacular piece of the world:

5.Rivers of ice!

·
Старий М
5,285 Posts
Holy crap, imagine just jumping out of the airplane into that tundra. Scary stuff.

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
Wow... look at all that green in Greenland ;) You know not all of Greenland is ice and snow! Pretty much all along the eastern, southern, and western coast/border, it's ice/snowfree (in the summer) and can even get "up to" +10 degrees :)

Anyway, thanks for showing us a part of Denmark not too many people have seen before :eek:kay:

·
Registered
66 Posts
DLL_4ever said:
Wow... look at all that green in Greenland ;) You know not all of Greenland is ice and snow! Pretty much all along the eastern, southern, and western coast/border, it's ice/snowfree (in the summer) and can even get "up to" +10 degrees :)
Greenland is really green in the Southernmost tip, the rest is mostly glacier and packed ice.

·
Registered
296 Posts
funny how greenland is all snow, and iceland is all green lollll

beautiful none the less :D

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
sinjin said:
Wonderful pics of Greenland!
Pity me for my ignorance, but is there any sign of civilization in Greenland?
Greenland does have it's tiny towns.. like these:

It's not much.. But what do you expect, from a province with a population of only 56,000 ;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Kalaallit Nunaat, meaning "the humans' Land", still in English that is Greenland or Grønland in Danish. Thank you very much for these pics - I have never been/seen. Are the last two pictures taken in Nuuk (Godthåb), the capital?

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
/\ to be honest, i have no clue :) I would guess so...

·
Mainland Sea & Sky
6,242 Posts
Impressive !

·
Registered
13 Posts
there's no way those 2 photos are of Nuuk, the capital. it is a modern city of around 15 000 people where construction just finished on a 9-story building downtown, making it the tallest building in the country.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts