Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went and took some photos of a high end retail shopping center called The Shops at Friendly Center located 2 miles west of downtown Greensboro. phase two of this small shopping village will consist of nearly 100 condos and more retail. Hopefully a Nordstroms will come. America's largerest Harris Teeter is also located here. Its nicknamed "The tajmaheeter" I wanted to take tons more photos but my battery power ran out on my camera.

Brooks Brothers (The Triad's first major upscale retailer)

This is the Triad's first upscale national chain restaurant

·
Deep South Pillsbury
560 Posts
^ Yeah, I wanted to eat there a couple of weeks ago, but no one wanted Chinese food (except for yours truly of course). So we ate at the Mimi's place (pretty good though). Harris Teeter rocked out and was much cooler than any of the Publix(es??) I've been to down in Augusta.

And the REI place was freaking awesome man. So expensive though.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
For nice clothing, Brooks Brothers is definitely a great place to shop... if your wallet is fat enough :) Thanks for the pics, cityboi :eek:kay: Next time I am in Greensboro I will surely drive through there and check out the stores. Ben & Jerry is always a great place to visit after a nice meal ;)

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For nice clothing, Brooks Brothers is definitely a great place to shop... if your wallet is fat enough :) Thanks for the pics, cityboi :eek:kay: Next time I am in Greensboro I will surely drive through there and check out the stores. Ben & Jerry is always a great place to visit after a nice meal ;)
The last time I had been inside a Brooks Brothers was in downtown Atlanta. Very ritzy and pricey store. I cant believe Greensboro has one now. Mens Warehouse is expensive enough LOL
Ben & Jerry's smell good when you walk by too. I dont know if they are making cones, cakes or what in there but it smells good.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
We have one in Crabtree Valley Mall. Here is a little secret: there is an outlet somewhere, in a little town, where you can get Brooks Brothers clothing VERY cheap. I have to find that information and share it with you.

The smell is actually from the waffle cones; they actually make them in the store :)

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We have one in Crabtree Valley Mall. Here is a little secret: there is an outlet somewhere, in a little town, where you can get Brooks Brothers clothing VERY cheap. I have to find that information and share it with you.

The smell is actually from the waffle cones; they actually make them in the store :)
yea I heard about the outlet store in eastern NC...cant remember where though.......well I shall be making a trip to Ben and Jerry's pretty soon :) Its the only Triad location so it will be the first time trying Ben and Jerrys.

·
Deep South Pillsbury
560 Posts
Mmmm, Ben and Jerry's. I had the greatest milkshake of my life from there once. I thought Steak N Shake had a great milkshake, but man. Happiness....:master:

·
Deep South Pillsbury
560 Posts

Where is that? Is that like the Tommy Hilfiger shirt I had in high school when I was on the golf team that wasn't stitched all the way through? :)

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I also forgot to mention the The Shops at Friendly has free WiFi in that little courtyard area with the fountain.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Friendly Center has always been one of my favorite places to shop. My wife and I ate at P.F. Chang's a while back. There was a two hour wait but it was well worth it.

Are the Shops at Friendly going to have some residential condos built close to it?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Friendly Center has always been one of my favorite places to shop. My wife and I ate at PF Changs a while back. The only problem was the two hour wait but it was well worth it.

Are the Shops at Friendly going to have some residential condos built close to it? I thought I read that in the Triad Business Journal but I wasn't sure.
The condos will actually be a part of the Shops at Friendly. I think its going to be close to 100 condos but im not certain. This is a very upscale development and it seems that the target market for these condos will be wealthy empty nesters who do want to have to maintain yards. This isnt the first retail/residential village though. Koury Corp built one on the north side of town off of North Elm and Pisgah Church rd (Village at North Elm) but its not as upscale as the Shops at Friendly but it does include luxury apartments and class A office space. like the Shops at Friendly, it has a "downtown atmosphere" with a fountain courtyard and free WiFi access.

http://www.villageatnorthelm.com/

loft apartments at The Village at Elm

http://www.thevillagelofts.net/

Greensboro is really building some great qaulity retail/mixed-use developments.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
I think Brooks Brothers has an outlet at Concord Mills but their prices aren't exactly bargain.:lol:
It must be a completely different deal. The outlet I was talking about is located in a small town, at a shopping center that looked to me like a run down place, within an hour from the Triangle. Unfortunately, I have not found the article where they were talking about it :(

·
The Secret Word Is:
387 Posts
It reminds me of the outdoor shops at Mall of Georgia in Atlanta's Gwinnett County, GA. I was there a month or two ago and it was almost exactly like this. The expansion does call for 100 loft-style condos, at an average size of 3,000 square-feet. All two to three bedroom units. Work should start near the end of the year.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It reminds me of the outdoor shops at Mall of Georgia in Atlanta's Gwinnett County, GA. I was there a month or two ago and it was almost exactly like this. The expansion does call for 100 loft-style condos, at an average size of 3,000 square-feet. All two to three bedroom units. Work should start near the end of the year.
There is a resemblence...Here is the outside part of the Mall of Georgia. I see there is a PF Changs there too. You cant miss that horse.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts