·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You cant miss this comming into Greensboro from the south on I-85

·
Registered
31 Posts
What I never understood is why they built such a nice hotel on the side of the interstate?!?!? It's not much fun tee-ing off to the sounds of mack trucks and horns :(

The lobby looks nice though

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
some would say its out of place for Greensboro because it carries a strong European Theme but I think its just right for Greensboro. The city needs to have more world class style destinations. The purpose for it being near I-85 is visibilty. It also serves as the gateway into Greensboro from the South. When you see that tower you know you are entering Greensboro.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Grandover is a gorgeous hotel, but I don't care about the location. It is very visible from the highway, but even getting to the hotel feels like a challenge, IMHO. It is a great resort, though. I love the two big chairs in front of the reception desk :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Will they ever build the 2nd tower?

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
Yeah...this is definatley a beautiful resort. Great pics :)
It is in the middle of nowhere though along I-85.....
But you certainly see it; even at night all lit up. It always give me a vacation-ish or resort-like feel when I see it. Isn't it like over 10 miles south of Greensboro though?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yeah...this is definatley a beautiful resort. Great pics :)
It is in the middle of nowhere though along I-85.....
But you certainly see it; even at night all lit up. It always give me a vacation-ish or resort-like feel when I see it. Isn't it like over 10 miles south of Greensboro though?
nope Its within Greensboro city limits. Its about that distance between Grandover and Downtown.

I think Greensboro has an opportunity to become a major tourist destination. Attractions like Grandover and Wet'n Wild help and maybe those attractions are helping to contribute to a major Southeast regional tourist project for downtown Greensboro. That project is said to be part themepark and part convention center. could actually help Grandover fill more of its rooms and Wet' n Wild could see a big spike in attendance. The waterpark already ranks 10th nationwide in waterpark attendance. Thats the way it is with all tourist areas. Attractions help other nearby attractions succeed. It like the domino effect. Tourist destinations attract more tourist destinations. Other tourist attractions coming to Greensboro are the ACC Hall of Champions and the International Civil Rights Museum in downtown Greensboro. If the downtown development is built, it will be interesting to see if the 600 room luxury hotel in that plan will be just as luxurious more luxurious than Grandover. I remember a few years back a company wanted to build a time share community in Greensboro but that plan fell through due to Greensboro's water woes at the time. But there is an effort to build a time share development in the "Heart of the Triad" project

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Wet' N Wild is barely a mile north of Grandover off of I-85. The largest waterpark in the Carolinas and one of the larger ones in the United States.

They've got the bungi jump ride at Carowinds too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts