Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Are you ready for high-end shopping Greenville? Before you read anything below, please read this article first to understand what is going on with this development:
http://www.magnoliapark.com/news/index.php?rnw:e=4&rnw:id=3

A landmark destination-
Magnolia Park Town Center, formerly the Greenville Mall, is currently being transitioned from an enclosed mall to a 676,000 square foot, open-air shopping center that will include offices and a hotel. Current tenants include Sports Authority and Regal Cinemas, with an additional contract finalized to construct a Rooms to Go. It is designed from the ground up to be a lifestyle center and community gathering place. The high-profile site will serve as a major landmark destination for the entire region. The buildings and spaces of Magnolia Park will reflect the simple and refined traditions of the region while illustrating the light contemporary lifestyle that makes Greenville a much-coveted destination for achieving a high quality of life. Magnolia Park's refreshing approach to urban living includes plenty of options for shopping, dining, work and play with upscale amenities and conveniences - the perfect place to relax with friends, spend time with family or enjoy some leisure time. Magnolia Park will flourish with a distinct blend of specialty retail, upscale dining, state-of-the-art offices, and world-class hospitality, all in one pedestrian-oriented lifestyle village.

Please ignore ALL site plans you see on websites posted, except for this one. They are old and out-dated. This is the only one that is new and valid (Page 2): http://www.theshoppingcentergroup.c...rgroupcom/Commerce/ProductImages/pf000415.pdf The grey you see on the site plan are parking garages. There will be three of them in all.

Official website: http://www.magnoliapark.com/

Other information: http://www.menindevelopment.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=properties.siteplan&property_id=16&x=7031623

Already built:
Regal cinemas Hollywood 20-largest and highest grossing theater in the state/20 screens.
Sports Authority-store will move to location next to Costco.

Under Construction:
Costco-scheduled to open in the next month or two.

Announced:
Rooms To Go

Proposed(P) or rumored(R) retailers/restaurants so far. This list will change due to new developer:
Border's Bookstore-P
Urban Outfitters-R
Apple Store-R (Probably going to Haywood Mall)
Z Gallerie-R
Sur La Table-R
Anthropologie-R
Petco-P
DSW shoe store-P
Michael's-P
Lifestyle Fitness-P
Cheesecake Factory-P
Ruth's Chris and/or Maggianos-P
Starbuck's-P
Chipotle-P
REI-P
Five Guys-P
Ben and Jerry's and/or Maggie Moos-P
Aloft, Element, Hyatt Place, or Springhill Suites hotel-P
David's Bridal-P
FedEx-Kinkos-P
Camilles Cafe-P
Bravo and/or Biaggis-P

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
g-man, thanks for the information on this large project. By the way, I liked that night shot of the skyline in the project's website. Also, I checked out the demographics information in the 2nd page of the PDF you suggested and it seems that there is a large customer base around that area with a healthy income.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Centrally located between Atlanta and Charlotte, Greenville is one of the most rapidly growing areas in the country and the fastest in the state. Nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Greenville is the heart and the economic engine of the Upstate which includes Greenville, Spartanburg, Anderson, Pickens and Cherokee counties and the cities of Anderson, Clemson, Greenville, Simpsonville, Greer and Spartanburg.
Don't let other South Carolinians see that... :lol:

·
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aloft by W? Yes, please:

Jacob,

KC Kavanagh forwarded your inquiry to me and the address is aloft Greenville Airport; 4341 Parkway East at the Parkway

The site is actually at the Greenville Mall which is very close to the TBB I-Car Research Center which will generate both domestic and international automotive related business travelers.

Please let me know if you require any further information.

Thank you,

·
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aloft by W is going next to the Michelin North American headquarters and near Marriott, not Magnolia Park Town Center.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I wonder how many cities have three wholesale clubs (Costco, Sam's, and BJ's) within a mile of one another on the same road like Greenville does? Not many, probably! :lol:

The question is, will one of the three go under or move to another location as a result? Two have existed just fine, but I am not so sure about having all three right there. If one would move to another area of the city (e.g., Cherrydale, Laurens Road, Pleasantburg Drive) they would probably do quite well. Especially Cherrydale.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
We have a Costco, a Sam's Club and a BJ's within close proximity to each other. It is ridiculous, but convenient for most people. g-man, did you get your avatar from Costco? :lol:

·
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We have a Costco, a Sam's Club and a BJ's within close proximity to each other. It is ridiculous, but convenient for most people. g-man, did you get your avatar from Costco? :lol:
Are you serious, because ours are within two miles of each other on the same road? I'm guessing they do that on purpose for competition and stuff. :nuts: Did your penguin throw up my fish, Raleigh-NC? :lol:

·
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Site of future Sports Authority (Just beyond new pavement):

Trees starting to go in on site:

:D

·
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A couple new rumored retailers/restaurants that could be heading here:

Brooks Brothers
IKEA (Just kidding)
Crate and Barrel
Saks Fifth Avenue
Tommy Bahama
Tumi
Bob Ellis (no, not the Pinnacle on Main developer)
The Grape
Haagen-Dazs

·
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Somebody hook up a brother with some comments. Got my membership for Costco today. Grand opening is at 8AM on 8-16, which is actually today:

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
I'll hook you up with a comment: "Screw the freakin' sprawling developments." I have noticed lately that you are slowly becoming a suburbanite. What's next, a vacation at Home Depot? :lol:

·
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^^Well, I would take pics of downtown projects that aren't sprawl, but they're all stalled. :(

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
I feel your pain. Don't get discouraged about the stalling of projects, though. Most of them will eventually be delivered. No developer spends a sh*tload of money for a piece of land that will sit there for too long. As for the photos, I am sure Greenville is still the photogenic city we see every now and then. I am sure you can go out there and take some photos of the actual city, especially downtown ;) Take that fish of yours for some fresh air and take a few photos while you are out there :lol:

·
Registered
5 Posts
A couple new rumored retailers/restaurants that could be heading here:

Brooks Brothers
IKEA (Just kidding)
Crate and Barrel
Saks Fifth Avenue
Tommy Bahama
Tumi
Bob Ellis (no, not the Pinnacle on Main developer)
The Grape
Haagen-Dazs

Whoo hoo!...Crate and Barrel? Good! :banana: I've gotten tired of driving all the way up to Charlotte for my furniture.

·
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
^^It's only a rumor. :lol: Raleigh-NC, it's too hot outside for my fish and even your penguin. They'll just die out there I tell you. :(

·
8,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Story on MPTC: http://www.wyff4.com/news/13913637/detail.html

Shopping Area At Former Mall Site Takes Shape

POSTED: 6:47 am EDT August 17, 2007

GREENVILLE, S.C. -- It's out with the old on Woodruff Road near Roper Mountain Road and Interstate 385 and now the new is taking shape.

With most of the old Greenville Mall demolished, 80 acres in the busy shopping district are wide open for new retail space.

A Costco warehouse is the first new business to open in the Magnolia Park Town Center.

The retailer’s grand opening was Thursday morning.

Hundreds of customers showed up to check out the prices and membership fees which range from about $50 - $100 per year.

Marketing manager Lisa Lanz said that about half the store’s staff moved to the Upstate from other stores, including some from Miami.

"We try to keep the prices as low as low as possible and we don't make a whole lot of money off of the product itself which is why we do charge a membership," Lanz said.

Business owners in the area have been waiting for new upscale businesses to move in.

By the end of 2008, the Florida-based developer plans to have a new hotel, retail shops, restaurants and office space in the New Magnolia Park Town Center.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts