SkyscraperCity banner

461 - 480 of 2860 Posts

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
http://www.wharf.co.uk/2012/01/next-phase-of-greenwich-penins.html

Next phase of Greenwich Peninsula build announced

The long-awaited redevelopment of the Greenwich Peninsula is set to start after the Olympic Games after the next phase of building was announced today.

Boris Johnson was on the Peninsula this morning to see plans for 1,300 new homes and 600 student dwellings which could be built later this year.

Detailed planning applications are expected to be submitted to Greenwich Council in April, with construction set to begin in the autumn, if approved. It should be completed by 2015.
This is another propoganda piece for Boris and the developers. The same developers have had PP for several plots for many years - applying for PP for more plots means nothing with these clowns. Please dont hold your breath for any work starting.

·
Registered
279 Posts

·
37,796 Posts
Sorry for the vagueness of my post above. The times I posted were just for Thursday.

There's one more opportunity to view the proposals at The Forum on Saturday (tomorrow), from 10am to 2pm, with a presentation at 11am.

·
Registered
591 Posts
RMB that looks fabulous! A pity they can't destroy that canvas dome structure. Is this a real proposal or is it your idea? Sorry to ask but it is just so much better than the normal shit that our planners come up with I can only assume they didn't:)

·
Registered
18,800 Posts
it would feel much better without the two dull but obvious buildings on the end of the peninsular, it spoils the relationship of the dome with the curve of the river.

·
Like 'Berg'
6,497 Posts
Individually most of the buildings leave little to be desired, but I think they work together really well..A mix of styles, doesn't look like it would have all sprung up at the same time so gives a (albiet fake) sense of development over a period of time.. Plus I actually like how some of the buildings obscure the dome and make it less obvious from all angles and approaches.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I agree with Potto when s/he says that it seems to ruin the relationship with the river. I do like the building on the far right, but the rest aren't that great, but as ferge says they do appear to work well together. The lighting conditions in the render definitely help.

A nice boardwalk and small marina would have worked well here but there is a nice amount of green and variety in height. Some more colour wouldn't have gone amiss (and I don't mean a la St Giles Court)

·
Registered
21,759 Posts
The hotel next to the O2 really is poor. The former Richard Rogers proposal was absolutely stunning and really felt like it belonged next to it. This whole Peninsula could have hosted a whole magnitude of extreme contemporary design but, sadly, it didn't.

·
17,983 Posts
RMB that looks fabulous! A pity they can't destroy that canvas dome structure. Is this a real proposal or is it your idea? Sorry to ask but it is just so much better than the normal shit that our planners come up with I can only assume they didn't:)
They're real, as the renders can be found on Quintain's site:

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
I saw some of the buildings ages ago, Quintain are sitting on a goldmine with the potential of the land around the dome, but when will they ever start this development?

461 - 480 of 2860 Posts