Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
10th February 2008
60,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a city with a population of 2.5 million to now have 4 teams in the prem is no under achievement!

City
Rags.(bitter! :moods: )
Bullton.
Pie Eaters.

Roll on next season and get your passports ready fellow bitter Berties!?:)

·
Mmm, Danone
2,043 Posts
**** me, Wigan made it? Magic.

I've been bleating about this for weeks. 4 teams from Greater Manchester in the Premiership. Mental. Here's another one for you, if City beat Boro next week, it'll be the first time we've had 3 clubs from Manc in Europe too. In fact, of all the teams going into Europe, all but 2 will be from the North West (excluding possible Fair play entry).

The North West continues to carry the flag of "home of English football". Tops.

The above makes me wet. And I've not even thought about the fact we've also got Liverpool in the Champs final. Ooph. 6 European cups between Liverpool and United, christ knows how many UEFA/Fairs cups there are between them and also Cup Winner's Cup too. City won that in 69 so there's another one. Woo, I'm exciting myself too much. I'll shut up now, I'm inebriated and of course, a mess.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Too bad they're going straight back down!

League teams in GMR, with next seasons leagues

United - Prem
Bolton - Prem
City - Prem
Wigan - Prem
Oldham - League 1
Stockport - League 2
Rochdale - League 2
Bury - League 2

·
Like 'Berg'
6,806 Posts
Wahey, we're up there with the big boys, I just hope we can retain a good status now we've made it...Plus I hope it benefits the town with some business and tourism :p because the place may notice it needs to er..get with the times :)

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Ok Ferge you have a right to enjoy the precious little premiership glory Wigan will have. ;) :jk:

I've heard alot of talk about them having £40 Million to spend in the summer, where the hell is all that coming from? TV money obviously, a new kit deal? What else?

·
Registered
13,914 Posts
Whatever... that was just one guy. If you go on the PNE forum, you find fanatics who are absolutely PNE obsessed and spend most of their life trying to troll in other clubs forums.

·
Registered
11,760 Posts
Next season certainties:

North West -
Manchester United
Manchester City
Bolton Wanderers
Everton
Liverpool
Blackburn
Wigan

North East -
Newcastle
Middlesborough
Sunderland

West Midlands-
Aston Villa
Birmingham

SouthEast and London -
Arsenal
Tottenham Hotspurs
oh yeah, Chelsea
Charlton
Fulham
Portsmouth

plus one of Norwich, Palace, southampton and WestBrom
plus one of Ipswich, Preston, Derby and West HAm

could be two in east anglia next season!

only derby from the east midlands, no one in the south west and enough said about Yorkshire football these days the better!

·
Against ID Cards
9,799 Posts
Pobbie Rarr said:
Everyone stop celebrating. I'm sure some Chelsea fans will be here in a bit to remind you all who's boss. :|
Typical stereotypical rubbish, and there's you in the sports forum saying Chelsea fans are childish and arrogant. :no:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts