11x Champion (record):
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962
1964, 1965, 1970, 1987, 1997,

2x CONCACAF Champions' Cup:
1962, 1963

TEMPLO MAYOR "CHIVAS" STADIUM​

CAPACITY 45,000 spectators

www.templomayor.com.mx www.centrojvc.com

ICA SIGNS Ps. 116 MILLION CONTRACT FOR THE FOUNDATION WORK ON THE NEW CHIVAS STADIUM IN GUADALAJARA​

Mexico City, May 7, 2007 – Empresas ICA, S.A. de C.V. (BMV and NYSE: ICA) announced today the signing of a contract for the foundation work for a new stadium for the Chivas de Guadalajara professional soccer team. The value of the fixed price contract is Ps. 116 million.
The project will be constructed in the area known as "El Bajío del Arenal" within the JVC Center, an integrated cultural, sports, and business complex outside Guadalajara, Jalisco. The foundation project will be executed over a term of four months.
In addition, ICA has signed a letter of intent with the client for undertaking the entire stadium construction project, which is expected to be formalized within the next 90 days. The terms of the agreement for the second stage will be announced at the appropriate time.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.:::::::::​

STADIUM

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.:::::::::​

CONSTRUCTION (pictures of brooks and enrique-gdl)

·
The Besieger
592 Posts
What's going on really with the legendary old Guadalahara stadium (Jalisco?)?

Since I'm a little bit older, this was one of my favorites, along with "Azteca", back in the 1986 WC (still remember the FRA-Brasil eliminator). Actually, it was the unofficial "home" of Brazil team both in 1970 & 1986 competitions, wasn't it?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Actually Chivas doesnt get an exact figure of their attendence, but they get an average of about 45,000, but the demand is way to different depending on the rival.
Their actual stadium holds 60,000. They get sell outs in 2 derby games, and get near capacity, at least with another 2 teams,,,

also for playoffs is almost always full

still against the least glamorous teams,,, sometimes they get 25 k

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
What's going on really with the legendary old Guadalahara stadium (Jalisco?)?

Since I'm a little bit older, this was one of my favorites, along with "Azteca", back in the 1986 WC (still remember the FRA-Brasil eliminator). Actually, it was the unofficial "home" of Brazil team both in 1970 & 1986 competitions, wasn't it?
Atlas will continue to play in Jalisco.

It's in desperate need of renovation though.

·
The Besieger
592 Posts
Atlas will continue to play in Jalisco.

It's in desperate need of renovation though.
Any pics of Jalisco btw? -Thanks

·
The Besieger
592 Posts
^^
Still an imposing venue! That exterior pic though, clearly indicates the need for renovation.

·
Zurück in die Zukunft
27,469 Posts
Looks great!

1 - 20 of 642 Posts