1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Sexy Touch Feeling
6,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
::: Guggenheim Guadalajara :::

Guadalajara, Mexico​

Hi everybody!!

This thread is dedicated to this great project that will be bulit in the second most important city in Mexico: Guadalajara.

Floor Count: 24

Basement Floors: 2

Height: 180 m

Project Title: Guggenheim Museum Guadalajara

Location: Barranca de Huentitan, Guadalajara, Jalisco. Mexico.

Architect: Taller de Enrique Norten Arquitectos, SC (TEN Arquitectos)

Project Team: Enrique Norten, Tim Dumbleton, Dieter Schoellnberger, David Campos, Johan van Lierop, Alex Miller, Zoe Small, Sonia Gomez, Miguel Ríos, Fausto Alvarado, Daniel Ríos

Structural Engineer: Guy Nordenson Associates

M/E/P: Arup Engineers

Landscape Architect:
James Corner -Field Operations

Museum Design:
Julian Zugazagoitia

Year of Design: 2004-In Process

Area (approx.): 25, 600 m2

·
Shaken, never Stirred
8,014 Posts
Wow that's what you call a Museum..... :applause:

·
███████&
858 Posts
Amazing project!!! The location is perfect for this tower. Ive heard from it some years ago. Guadalajara will become the new Bilbao.

·
Put it in your mouth
7,111 Posts
Guadalajara will definetly recieve many more tourists now. Hopefully the Bilbao effect will apply here as well.

It's a great tower/gallery. I'm very happy (and a bit jealous) for Guadalajara.

·
ciudades invisibles
1,863 Posts
The view will be really nice...

This is very near... followin the canyon.

i hope this museum atracts as much turism as it did with Bilbao.

·
José
209 Posts
I like the design. I've read in other threads that it hasn't started jet, do you guys know when will it start? and how long will it take to finish it? When it's done I'm thinking about scheduling a visit, but I'll probably be there before that. And by the way, beautiful canyon!

·
ciudades invisibles
1,863 Posts
^^ there's no an exact date of construction, but it's been said in the media that i'll probably start early the next year.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I was lucky enough to see this area way back in the 80's. The canyon and waterfall are spectacular. What a beautiful project to compliment this place!!! I certainly hope this get built; and, if built, this would be a world landmark building, in my opinion.

·
Queefbuster
91 Posts
The gorge is fabulous. Other than its interior, this monolith aka museum is a desecration to its immediate surroundings. It is Vegas in Mexico, to put it nicely. I hope this building does not get built.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts