SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took these pictures two weeks ago. There were more than 2 million customers visiting this mall on May 1st, the first day of Chinese golden long weekend.

·
PC LOAD LETTER
7,667 Posts
2 million Chinese visiting a mall on May Day!

It's over! They've finally caught the capitalist bug. Karl must be spinning in his grave.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
South China Mall claims to be the world largest mall. How can Guangzhou Grand Mall be the largest in Asia? :nuts:
Guangzhou Grand Mall is the largest single structure shopping mall in Asia.

I guess that means other shopping malls consist of many seperated buildings.

·
心在臺灣
9,883 Posts
You said 2 million customers but it looks emty, I guess pictures wasn't actually taken on May 1, right? Very good pictures, can we expect Guangzhou thread soon? Guangzhou is my favorite city in Mainland China :)

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It is too crowed in the Golden Long Weekend. This picture was taken on May 1st, 2005

You said 2 million customers but it looks emty, I guess pictures wasn't actually taken on May 1, right? Very good pictures, can we expect Guangzhou thread soon? Guangzhou is my favorite city in Mainland China :)

·
UK (Eng/Sco/Wal/N.I.) UK
1,994 Posts
I know this mall well. At the top there is even a theme park with rides! and a large Cinema and one level down from that is an ice rink (in the winter).

Everything in there is very expensive though - much higher prices than in the UK.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts