Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this picture on google while I was searching for XIX century viaducts there,but somehow there wasn't any information about where this great structure is located,neither the name of it.
Here is the deal:If you know anything about it,you have to prove that on your post with a picture or or anything that indeed proves it.
Guesses are welcome too,just to keep the GTC's spirit :D

·
Resurrected
26,648 Posts
Looks like Landwasserviadukt, BUT it's smaller and it is not electrified as it seems. In Switzerland and Austria all the rails are electrified in the meantime. So if it's in Central Europe probably in Italy or France. I guess it's Les Houches on the French-Swiss border:

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like Landwasserviadukt, BUT it's smaller and it is not electrified as it seems. In Switzerland and Austria all the rails are electrified in the meantime. So if it's in Central Europe probably in Italy or France. I guess it's Les Houches on the French-Swiss border:
This seems a lot like the viaduct in the picture I posted.I guess you got it man! :D

·
Mainland Sea & Sky
6,242 Posts
Spain again ?

·
Resurrected
26,648 Posts
I am 99% sure it is my pic - look at the mountains in the background (especially the small "hump" on the left), the vegetation, the bridge itself: The two middle columns are stabelized, left and right of them are some "frames" a little bit higher than the middle two, no overhead wires... look at the details and you will realized that it MUST be this bridge ;)

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@Kuesel:
your picture looks indeed a lot like the one I posted.I'm almost sure it's the same one.I tried to look for more pictures of it on google(I searched as "Les Houches",as you wrote)but unfortunately I didn't find anything else.Do you have more pictures?Oh man,I'm in love with this viaduct since the first time I saw that picture :D

@Djoez:
This is not the Landwasser.Look at the differences between the arches of the two viaducts:http://www.ozdoba.net/rhb/bild/fakten_landwas_2.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.