SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 2658 Posts

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
And l mean first guess country then city^^

OK its my thread similar to christos-greece thread. So l'll post my pictures.

1-point for guessing country (3-guesses).
2-points for guessing country (1-guess).
2-points for guessing city (3-guesses).
4-points for guessing city (1-guess).

Code:
[U]2010 - 2011[/U]

[B]1. travelbug: 142
2. christos-greece: 74
3. Herbicide: 42
4. Blazar: 37
5. WonderlandPark: 31,5
6. Master of Disguise: 24
7. Union.SLO: 21
7. Zbignich: 21
8. Kulla: 16
8. Cyganie: 16
9. eduardo mora: 16
10. Knitemplar: 12
10. alket83: 12
11. gat300: 9
11. snowland: 9
12. sathya_226: 6,5
13. FoSsiL-mk: 6
13. snowman159: 6
13. cityfox: 6
13. brazilteen: 6
13. OpenSpace: 6
13. soyous_2040: 6
13. marobara : 6
14. lucianmx_2007: 5
15. PRIMEVAL: 4
15. Dahlis: 4
15. Raaymanx: 4
15. OhioTodd: 4
16. SanMiguel: 2
17. The Punisher 1924: 1
17. arquitekto: 1
17. midotoria: 1
17. invincibletiger: 1[/B]

·
Registered
18,972 Posts
Its Ivangorod Castle. The castle is in Russia, in a town called Ivangorod. The photo is taken in Estonia in a town called Narva on the border. the river is the border.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea, robbed by Russia, this "Ivangorod Castle" - Narva Castle historically belongs to Narva.
So its Narva (Estonia). And christos-greece in this forum was first 2-points for him.

Now who wants post ur ph.

·
Registered
18,972 Posts
But physically or geographically it is in Russia.

Following your logic this is in England. I like to think near Slough.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
^^ your sarcasm for some people can be painful, "in England" India got its independence and its teritorys and architecture monuments like Taj Mahal and control them Estonia geta f... like in Narva, Lithuania get a f... of its historical cultural heritage that is all gone in russia no understanding and no help from there side.

You dont know our Baltic stats history so well, so dont mess things up. Yhea now its in russia theoretically and physically, border is river. But this architectural structure is Narva city simbol until now, build by Danish, long time was in Livonia order and in Chronicles (XIII - XVI) this castle many times cald not Ivangorod Castle (NON) but Narva Castle some times other names, but not russian names like now it is.
There is historic view and there is politic and annexative view (like russians in Estonia think that Estonia still should be part of russian so...) we can go on and on but STOP.

·
Registered
18,972 Posts
Its not theoretically in Russia, if it were then we are getting into deep theories about particle physics and philosophy. It is in Russia, used to be in Estonia, built by the Danish it may have been, which does beg the question is it in Denmark?

The point is, if we start have GTC's where the person who posts the picture arbitrarily decides what country a building or city is in based on some opinion about history and politics then there is no point. The building is in Russia, if I look on google maps it is in Russia, and therefore the answer is Russia. I point you to my previous example, the Taj Mahal used to be part of the British Empire but I cannot now say it is in England. The map says it is in Agra in India and that is where it is.

I may have been sarcastic but the point stands, that castle is in Russia if you look at a map today, and therefore the answer is Russia. However much some people would like the answer to be Estonia.

·
Registered
18,972 Posts
I still don't get your point.

Where is this building? It is an Islamic shrine built by an Ummayad Caliph from Mecca, in a land that used to be Palestine, was taken over by the Jews and called Israel.

It is disputed as to whose land it is on but if I look on a map it is in Israel. So the answer to where it is is ISRAEL.

·
Registered
18,972 Posts
Don't say I am spamming because I disagree with your completely stupid argument that has no foundation in fact, its only basis is that the people of Estonia want the castle back, well bloody invade Russia and get it back do not involve GTC with land disputes.

1 - 20 of 2658 Posts