·
C.T
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
City: North Korea

RULES:
-Country (1 point).
-City (4 points).
-3 guesses per post. You can post again, but only after I've replied to previous guesses.
-If you know the correct answer, go ahead and say it!

Good Luck !

·
Optimum
9,977 Posts
Yes , I know ... But I think that it's the most ugly ...:eek:hno:
Apart from Ryungyong Hotel and the Stadiums, Pyongyang is one of the most beautiful communist cities ever exist in the world (most of which are located in North Korea: the others are Wonsan, Hamhung, Sochi (USSR). All boasting liveable resorts/residences for the communist officers), giving foreigners a false sign of high living standard.

Note the usual blocks in the city center of Pyongyang, which resembles East Berlin. Urban architecture in Pyongyang seems to be modelled after East German cities (particularly 1980s East Berlin, Rostock, Magdeburg) instead of Moscow, note the clean facades.

·
Kokosovo terrorist
848 Posts
^^ Many buildings in Pyongyang look very similar to soviet`s buildings including Moscow.

·
Kokosovo terrorist
848 Posts
♣628.finst;40944280 said:
but balconies in residential buildings (apart from resorts) are less common in Pyongyang than Moscow
:eek:

According to this picture Pyongyang has a lot of balconies in residential buildings. Almost all residential buildings, except highest 2 or 3, have balconies. It`s something like Moscow.

What`s bad in balconies??! :hm:

·
global nomad
1,700 Posts
how old is that picture?

·
Kokosovo terrorist
848 Posts
Must be new coz Ryungyong Hotel looks updated...

·
Optimum
9,977 Posts
:eek:

According to this picture Pyongyang has a lot of balconies in residential buildings. Almost all residential buildings, except highest 2 or 3, have balconies. It`s something like Moscow.

What`s bad in balconies?
I ignored those balconies on my last post, sorry about that. Pyongyang commieblocks typically have cleaner facades or cleaner balconies compared to Soviet ones. Some Pyongyang commieblocks appears very similar to East German or Soviet ones. Other highrises are mostly innovative North Korean designed blocks such as Ryungyong.

Currently insufficient capital for major constructions hinders the implementation of many ambitious urban development plans in Pyongyang. The worst of these can be seen from the downtown core, which contains too many old-fashioned lowrises. Whilst the blocks are generally well maintained, they are ill-suited for premium office spaces.

·
jicky jicky jicky
706 Posts
^^ office suites? in ze North Korea?
but yah, I agree that Pyongyang has "less-dramatic" commieblocks rather than...yah Moscow or Warsaw. The pic above still creepy, anyway...looks like life has been shut like in "I'm Legend" movie -_-

1 - 15 of 15 Posts