SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These pics were taken two weeks ago, with a crappy cell phone camera. Its pretty obvious after the first few images. I think the rest of the images give a refreshing view of Chicago I have yet to see by others.

I have every angle from that building... I may upload more later.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I agree. thats a very cool and rare view. can you get me up there? :)
Private access only, friends place, rooftop terrace, and blue light. There are actually 4 huge bells below the glass dome.

A) dome
B) terrace where images were taken

I cant even honestly tell you the name of the building, but its pretty obvious which one it is. Its worth a try asking someone in the lobby if you can access the terrace at least for some good snapshots.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Straus Building, currently known as Metropolitan Place Condominiums.
Yep, they are all newly renovated condominiums too... The central portion above the two side terraces is being converted to 2-6 massive pent houses. These will easily be some of the most desired locations in the world as far as location and view... I cant even imagine the price...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Unfortunately, the developer got approval for a carbuncle elevator addition that completely ruins the look of the tower.

I wouldn't say ruins... its almost impossible to see unless you are at a few select angles at ground level or in near by towers, the addition is pretty well concealed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts