SkyscraperCity Forum banner

How good?

Guggenheim Museum | Bilbao, Spain

11K views 74 replies 70 participants last post by  Contr 
#1 ·
Museo Guggenheim | Bilbao, Spain

See less See more
#9 ·
I've given it a 10. This is with no doubt the most fabulous piece of modern architecture I've ever visited.

When you see this building for real, you realize it's gracious and smooth. That building alone is worth the visit of Bilbao. Actually, to be totally honnest, there's nothing more to see in that city. But if you've planned a road trip in Spain, don't drive through Bilbao without stopping.

#14 ·
Metropolitan said:
I've given it a 10. This is with no doubt the most fabulous piece of modern architecture I've ever visited.

When you see this building for real, you realize it's gracious and smooth. That building alone is worth the visit of Bilbao. Actually, to be totally honnest, there's nothing more to see in that city. But if you've planned a road trip in Spain, don't drive through Bilbao without stopping.
Actually that's your personal opinion, there are quite a lot more things to visit in the city.

#16 ·
Metropolitan said:
, to be totally honnest, there's nothing more to see in that city. But if you've planned a road trip in Spain, don't drive through Bilbao without stopping.

hahah, be careful to say anything like that to any bilbaino, they're quita... very proud of their city. Actually there are much more things to see in bilbao:

Puente Colgante (recognised by Unesco as... you know)
Museo de arte contemporaneo (one of the best in Spain)
The old town (I love it)
The ensanche (you'll understand when you see it...)
The new Airport by Santiago Calatrava
The metro train by Norman Foster
The Bilbao Exhibition Centre
The Getxo area, which is quite impresive.
The surroundings and natural situation
The Euskalduna Palace (one of my prefered modern buildings in Bilbao)
The BBVA tower, not very high but still wonderful

soon:

Isozaki Atea by Arata Isozaki
Abandoibarra Tower by Cesar Pelli
Zorrozaurre area by Zaha Hadid

well, I think it's quite impressive to be a nearly 1 million people city

PD: I'm not from bilbao, but from near San Sebastian, which obviously is much more beautyful :rofl:

#25 ·
8/10

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.