whitest boy in the delta
12,144 Posts
how dense this part of the city is never fails to amaze me :drool:

Reactions: Zaz965

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,144 Posts
^^
boxes are the most generic skyscraper shape. wouldn't call that a copy of anything.

·
Registered
48 Posts
^^
boxes are the most generic skyscraper shape. wouldn't call that a copy of anything.

And no offense, I find these skyscrapers better fitting then the failed art project which they call the World Trade Center they have now, I mean it's nice as a building, I mean it would look beautiful if this was for the Hudson yards, but for the WTC?. If 9/11 happened 30-40 years ago, the towers would've been built stronger, and taller, and we wouldn't have the Chinese building this. I know that the Chinese are trying their best to fit with the Western world, and If they find this a major part of it, then we failed ourselves.

·
16,630 Posts
^^
the chamfered corners and distinguishable mechanical levels are a bit uncanny. Heck, even how they stand in relation to each other.

·
Registered
91 Posts
the chamfered corners and distinguishable mechanical levels are a bit uncanny. Heck, even how they stand in relation to each other.

Apart from different structural system, internal layout etc. its geometry is almost the same. Obviously the old twins characteristic facade isn't reproduced.

The parapets are at 335 m. Ratio of 0,8 compared to the originals in height. Not sure about the width, it could also be within the 80% meaning ~50.6 m.

Now one of them only needs to be 1.45 m lower than the other (original one had difference of 1.8 m) and the taller one a 88.1 m high antenna.

On top of that they are slightly angled to each other, which the originals weren't.

·
ONE WORLD
8,661 Posts
Guiyang is a 3rd tier city fast elevated into 2nd tier (with 1st tier characteristics). It's notable as having leapfrogged the manufacturing stage of a city's development and launched straight into tech and software, and was recently awarded the best performing city in China.

However this means a lot of money but style is still in the nouveaux riche stage, (think Shenzhen in the 1990s) and blatant copying. The city has openly copied WTC, and is currently building twin Empire State buildings, and Hong Kong's WTC (also twins). None of this would be seen dead in the first or second tier cities.

581 - 600 of 640 Posts