Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Guizhou is not the poorest province of China,and the cities like Guiyang are not poor at all.Nevertheless,the rural area is extremly poor in this province.

·
Registered
35 Posts
GuiYang looks better than many northern cities which are considered richer,
The low GDP may be because it doesn't have many industry but its tourism is quite good. Acuttually many cities in southwest has the similar situation, and the people there still have a good income. But the countryside of these provinces are extremely poor, due to the mountains. It is said in Guizhou province over 80% area are mountains.

·
Registered
72 Posts
tiger said:
Guizhou is not the poorest province of China,and the cities like Guiyang are not poor at all.Nevertheless,the rural area is extremly poor in this province.
I agree, Guizhou is hardly the poorest province. Xizang is by far, and has long been the poorest province in China in terms of GDP. It would be more accurate to say that Guizhou on average, has the lowest per capita income. the City may be nice, but like Tiger said, the rural area is extremely poor and constitutes the majority percentage of this province which is why on average it is the lowest.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Besides the little debate going on about which province is poorer.... I love the apartment buildings shown in the pics. =)

·
Registered
373 Posts
looks great! May be guizhou is the poorest province, but just rural, i hear some people in guizhou become very rich by excavate coal, so guiyang's department price even more than chongqing (one of china municipalities and has the best income in west of china, people in town's income about 160% of Guizhou).
one of my friends from guiyang said this city isn't big just like a district of super city, people here must have more chance meet their friends.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts