Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
City Mall is a SIXTEEN-Story 16 shopping and entertainment center located in the heart of Lahore. CITY MALL is a mixed-used high rise, located at the junction of Main Boulevard Gulberg & M. M. Alam Road, a central place for successful business & brands in Lahore.

Ittehad Overseas developer is an outcome of merger in between Ittehad developers Pakistan and overseas construction company Saudi Arabia. The approach behind merger is best utilization of latest technological invention of construction industry by bringing in overseas expertise, experiences and investment to fill the current demand of development in the country. Ittehad overseas developers have good track record of working professionally. The ambition is to set new trends in construction industry because it's a back bone of development in country.

·
@UzEE
962 Posts
^^ Saddique Trade Center I've been to for a few meetings at the offices above. It's been maybe at least 15 years since I last been to Pace and it wasn't really considered a "smaller shopping mall" at the time since the only other mall was Mall of Lahore which is of similar size.

·
Registered
125 Posts
i suspect the mall area of this building will be successful. Office floors is a different story.

city towers just across the road was a flop when most of the branded shops went vacant
due to no or very few customers although plaza was a good addition at that time.

there were many reasons:
1. mostly brand shops had their branches not far away from this place.
2. due to heavy load of traffic in this area and traffic police all time busy with challans people prefer going other places.
3. parking is almost full on level 1 which is dedicated for mall visitors after 5 pm the time customers go shopping, level 2 & 3 are owned by offices.

it is only when Pathans taking over all the mall area with their ladies fabric shops and now it is full with those shops seems like a Pathan market. it seems same will be the fate faced by this mall.

·
@UzEE
962 Posts
Stores being in close proximity isn't really that big of a problem. There are several brands that have outlets on MM Alam Road, Liberty Market, Xinhua Mall and then even across the road from Xinhua. There's probably a reason why they keep all of these open.

·
@UzEE
962 Posts
recently visited fortress square mall...it was depressing and dull......i guess no one can compete with packages mall even emporium...

they should build high quality apartments on theses lands...there is no need for more shops..in gulberg..half the plazas on Main blvd look vacant
As someone who alternates between Packages and Emporium for grocery and regular shopping each month, from my experience Emporium is the one that's always more busy. Hyperstar at Emporium is larger and more variety (and is more crowded) and stores have several people browsing and shopping as well.

In Packages, it always feels weird that there are only a couple of people who are actually buying things at stores when I actually expected the opposite since it's closer to a more affluent neighborhood. And the crowd and lines at the food court are absolutely no comparison (primarily because Emporium's is probably 3 times larger as well). Packages has improved it's foot traffic though in the past few months now that it finally added a cinema.

Fortress Square, I've only been to twice and it wasn't really a pleasant experience each time. I decided to not go there anymore despite there being no other big malls at the time.

The only thing I dislike about Emporium is that it's out of the way for me, and it doesn't have certain brands I regularly shop at like Levi's etc.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Imo emporium is very well positioned near so many stable middle class areas like johar town, tech society, wapda town, pcsir, Valencia, lake City, eme, not much far from Bahria town even. Packages on the other hand has dha next to it but dha already has these brands in its markets so the traffic is divided. A side of model Town is near but the other side of it may as well prefer link road, amanah and good fuss free roads towards emporium. Still, I find good number of people in packages and TBH I prefer its simple to navigate through design as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts