SkyscraperCity Forum banner
161 - 180 of 241 Posts

· blackhat architect
3,601 Posts
^^ thanks for the photos.

I was gonna ask the same question.

BTW do you know what will be the function of those big historic looking metal structures with trusses in the middle of the atrium? Will they support something? Right now nothing seems to be connected to them.

update> oh, now I see, this is where the bridges will cross.

· Registered
230 Posts
Quick question. Why did Questor decide to invest ETO Park, was there a big interest for a new stadium?

Although I think its a great project, throughout most of their history, Gyor plays average football and they're always in the middle of the pack.

Teams like Fradi, Dozsa (UjPest), MTK, Honved & Vasas are the historical strong teams, Gyor is considered a provincial team. I'm a Vasas fan myself. Go Vasas! They should build a regal football catherdral for Fradi once they climb out of division II, they certainly deserve it.

· born2win
214 Posts
Quick question. Why did Questor decide to invest ETO Park, was there a big interest for a new stadium?

Although I think its a great project, throughout most of their history, Gyor plays average football and they're always in the middle of the pack.

Teams like Fradi, Dozsa (UjPest), MTK, Honved & Vasas are the historical strong teams, Gyor is considered a provincial team. I'm a Vasas fan myself. Go Vasas! They should build a regal football catherdral for Fradi once they climb out of division II, they certainly deserve it.
Gyor actually has a really good team now, even though the standings may suggest otherwise. They were even in international football last season, and even got to play Stuttgart !

Oh, and they already have plans for Fradi !

· Registered
230 Posts
Gyor actually has a really good team now, even though the standings may suggest otherwise. They were even in international football last season, and even got to play Stuttgart !

Oh, and they already have plans for Fradi !
Gyor went a very long way last year no doubt. I'm more intested in why constructors and investors picked Gyor to build a very nice football-stadium mall-entertainment center. I can't complain, it was probably overdue. Fradi was more deserving of that sort of treatment - they've got the biggest fanbase in Hungary.

As for the Fradi deal, have you found any pics or early renderings/drawings of the Fradi stadium? They've been working out ideas for years, but Fradi's still stuck in first gear in NB II and still needs to climb out of the pothole.

· born2win
214 Posts
Gyor went a very long way last year no doubt. I'm more intested in why constructors and investors picked Gyor to build a very nice football-stadium mall-entertainment center. I can't complain, it was probably overdue. Fradi was more deserving of that sort of treatment - they've got the biggest fanbase in Hungary.

As for the Fradi deal, have you found any pics or early renderings/drawings of the Fradi stadium? They've been working out ideas for years, but Fradi's still stuck in first gear in NB II and still needs to climb out of the pothole.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpzKSDhf7_Q

161 - 180 of 241 Posts