SkyscraperCity banner

8181 - 8200 of 8943 Posts

·
Registered
8,027 Posts
^^it means a new asphalt layer.
I would have thought a 40 year old motorway battered by a huge % of artics and buses needs a rebuild...strip off every layer of everything and build it up again starting with the concrete base. Applying asphalt only likely means you will be back in 5 years needing more asphalt.

What Hungary really needs is an alternative to the M1 and some of the M0....perhaps the M8 and some of the expressways will suffice in time but there is no sign of that.

·
Hun Solo
6,423 Posts
I would have thought a 40 year old motorway battered by a huge % of artics and buses needs a rebuild...strip off every layer of everything and build it up again starting with the concrete base. Applying asphalt only likely means you will be back in 5 years needing more asphalt.

What Hungary really needs is an alternative to the M1 and some of the M0....perhaps the M8 and some of the expressways will suffice in time but there is no sign of that.
Yes, this Budapest-centredness is a pain in the arse.

I hope in the years 2022 to 2030 following projects will finalize our network:

M0
M8
M9
M10
M81

And of course widening of M1 between Budapest and Győr/M85.

·
Registered
57 Posts

yes, that's exactly what we are waiting for too. M8 would be a great alternative in combination with M85/M86. I hope we will still be alive when they finish M8.

·
License plate spotter
1,257 Posts
Interesting, a Hungarian website with a Dominican Republic ccTLD.

For those not reading Hungarian: The article refers to a publication of another news portal which cites a press communiqué of the Ministry of National Development.

• M8 construction could be continued, extending it to reach the Balaton by a 65-km new section
  • Actual works could start no sooner than 2023 at the earliest
  • M8 would be a traffic "axis" running in East-West direction cutting through the center of Hungary. It would relieve traffic from the overburdened Vienna-Budapest-Szolnok route.
  • According to the communiqué, this new route would run from Graz through Körmend, Veszprém, Dunaújváros and Kecskemét, forking there to reach Eger with one branch and Békéscsaba with the other.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
^^ When were construction works started?

·
Hun Solo
6,423 Posts
Lets see:

M4: 120,8 km (this includes a 29 km section which was halted in 2015, and 18 kms between Cegléd-Abony, where the construction should start soon as well)
M8: 29 km (2x1 only)
M25: 19 km (construction works on 15 kms started yesterday.
M30: 57 km
M44: 80 km
M35: 20,2 km
M76: 7,6 km
M85: 57,5 km

Total: 391,1

Also second carriageways on these three roads are u/c:

M2: 16 km
M15: 13 km
M70: 10 km

·
17,813 Posts