Skyscraper City Forum banner
8361 - 8380 of 9708 Posts

·
54,335 Posts
Those crash barriers don't impress me much either. They don't have much containment power for heavier vehicles, cars can shoot under them or the guardrail can penetrate through the length of the car (plenty images of that on Google).

The Netherlands was one of the few countries where double-sided metal guardrails (H2-H3 class) are the standard along motorways and expressways. They have much better containment power for heavy vehicles without inflicting the injuries associated with a concrete jersey barrier among passenger car occupants.

·
Registered
172 Posts

·
Banned
13,584 Posts
Can anybody show approximately a map of the Hungarian motorways in 2004, when the country joined EU? I am curious to see the difference with the network today.

·
Hun Solo
9,554 Posts
So if I am not mistaken, there will be a gap of 87 kms left 2x2 between Budapest and Vienna by 2023. Here:

M1: 106-172 km
A4: 43-64 km

·
12,773 Posts
I think it is Budapest-Tatabanya that will be refurbished now. They patched the big potholes on this section, but it still has bumps an uneven surfaces, and it definitely doesn't look like a modern motorway.

The rest of M1 around Gyor is in good conditions, especially the section close to the Austrian border, which looks very good, smooth asphalt etc.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
M0 reconstruction and some other construction sites caused terrible congestions in Southern Budapest (Csepel) and the area nearby, having delays of several hours(!). Constructions are organized in a terrible way, two atlernative routes are under construction at the same time.
At the moment it's better, Csepel Centre - Halásztelek is 50 minutes, which means a delay of approx. 30 minutes. Yesterday delays of two hours were reported.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
M0 from M5 to 6, 17 km, 1 hour. This reconstruction is expected to take two years, i.e. you can expect a delay of 30-60 minutes in this section, two years long, every day.
Additionally, several roads in the region, either leading to M0 or being used for avoiding M0, are heavily congested.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
M0 from M5 to 6, 17 km, 1 hour. This reconstruction is expected to take two years, i.e. you can expect a delay of 30-60 minutes in this section, two years long, every day.
Additionally, several roads in the region, either leading to M0 or being used for avoiding M0, are heavily congested.
Good to know. is it just narrowing of the three lanes to two ?

8361 - 8380 of 9708 Posts