SkyscraperCity banner

8681 - 8700 of 9297 Posts

·
DK/H
864 Posts

I was talking about this. It seems, (now official) that this project is changed from R76 to M76.
There is going to be a connection to a test field/road at Zalaegerszeg (under constructuion).The M76 is going to be built as a "smart" road.

·
12,244 Posts
Which will be the ‘smart’ characteristics of the road?

·
Registered
712 Posts
The M76 Smart Expressway related to this:
https://zalazone.hu/en/

Automated driving cars will be tested on it with 5G Network. The Innovative Test Zone built in Zalaegerszeg, first phase started operations in 2018. Full completion dated in 2020. (45 billion HUF / 143 million €).

Main Roads are tolled in Hungary above 3,5 t.

·
Registered
712 Posts
If there is no 'expressway' type of R road any more, and all R roads become M instead ...then what happens to those lovely gravel hard shoulders on new schemes???? :)
Hard shoulders required only on motorways in Hungary: M15, M70, M30, M4 from Berettyóújfalu.

It makes the difference with expressways where soft shoulders used, together with narrower lines and 110 km/h speed limit: M25, M44, M4 Budapest-Berettyóújfalu, M85, M86, M76, M49, M34, M83, M2.

Number of lines doesn't count, but I support the motorway category on M0, at least between M1 and M5 to stick to the rule.

SeanT: Map is outdated. M9 deleted on North-South axis. It will connect only Nagykanizsa(M7)-Kaposvár-Szekszárd-Szeged(M43).

The Western Hungarian half-ring will be:
Győr(M1/M85)-Csorna(M86)-Szombathely-Körmend(M76)-Zalaegerszeg-Sármellék International Airport-Keszthely(M7).

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
Construction of M44 section Tiszakürt-Kondoros started today, and should be ready in 2019 Q3.

http://www.beol.hu/bekes/kozelet/tortenelmi-pillanat-megkezdodott-az-m44-es-epitese-699341
Is the construction of the 62km long M44 section on schedule? Is there any info when the section should be opened?

Same for M2. Still expected to be opened in 2019?

Construction works for widening the M2 expressway to 2x2 are scheduled to start in mid-April, and should be ready in 2019.

The length to be widened is about 13,4 kms, out of the total 19,6 kms between Budapest and Vác. Speed limit will be 110 km/h.

http://nif.hu/2017/02/tavasszal-meg...-deli-csomopont-kozotti-szakaszanak-bovitese/

(map in the link)

Reactions: Luki_SL

·
Registered
795 Posts
I know that M2 Budapest-Vac is being widen to 2x2. Are there any plans of extension M2 to the north or Vac bypass second carriageway?

·
DK/H
864 Posts
Hi, I think I've heard something about a new exit on M7 between Szfvár and Szabadbattyán. Is there anyone with info. about this?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes and yes. Both are almost ready. But I have no info when exactly they want to open them.

This is how M44 looks like. Pictures taken yesterday at Kondoros by Kengo30.
I thought M44 would get gravel soft shoulders, but instead this looks like the old M0 with no shoulders at all.

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
^^ The article is only about art but no word about the opening. Is there any info when the M44 section should be opened? This September?

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
8681 - 8700 of 9297 Posts