SkyscraperCity banner

8781 - 8800 of 9245 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Yea GM has a nasty design since one year or so. What about the access road to Rastina and Rabe border crossings. They are still not drawn.

·
Registered
698 Posts
The new M44 is the same road type as the M51. No shoulders at all.
Funnily the 44 between Békéscsaba and Gyula has hard shoulders and could even be signed as a motorway, but is a normal national road...
It is a widened main road without free alternative (#1) and no grade-separated crosses (#2). There needed a new main road, a renovation, and rebuilding all the intersections to open an Expressway Békéscsaba-Gyula.
Not the Hard shoulder depending on where will be a tolled or free road.
Hungarian road construction's trying to save money with no building shoulder and tighter lanes. But I think the resources would be enough to build full profile...
Sometimes they build it with a lean shoulder lane, sometimes short section has hard shoulders... For example the M4 will have Expressway and Motorway section with many kind of shoulder varieties you can image. Very irregular.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I don't understand why Google Maps uses this layout. It's almost impossible to see which roads are motorways and which are not, and most map features have colors that are very near to each other. The contrast is ridiculously bad. I almost get a headache by looking at Google Maps.
Several years ago Google Maps used Light Blue color for Expressways,
And Dark Blue to Motorways. I liked it alot, it was much distinguishable and eye-friendly. Sad they changed both the orange, and the blue colors to a (you said) headache.

·
Travelor
24,368 Posts
^^Unfortunately it's grammatically incorrect :D :lol:
Should be "interzis", not female "interzisă", also you can leave the verb "este" out, "strict interzis" is more than enough.

·
4,707 Posts
2.2 M HUF is the maximum fine for companies (800 K for individuals) in the case of multiple offenses, to my knowledge

A bírság mértéke az egyes szabályszegések miatt megállapított bírságok összege, amely azonban nem haladhatja meg a megállapított legsúlyosabb szabályszegés miatt kiszabható bírság háromszorosát, de legfeljebb a 2 200 000 forintot, járművezető esetén a másfélszeresét, de legfeljebb a 800 000 forintot.
https://net.jogtar.hu/jogszabaly?docid=a0900156.kor

If you don't have a transport licence, that can automatically be 600K alone (depending on the type, the exact violation, etc)

Reactions: Corvinus

·
19,609 Posts
Békéscsaba expressway connection - progress report

Total length of future M44 between Békéscsaba and Kecskemét is ~ 111 km of which ~95 km is completed, u/c, or tendered for construction:

Kecskemét - Szentkirály: design phase
Szentkirály - Lakitelek: 4,9 - tendered for construction (contract expected to be signed before yearend, and should be finished in 2023)
Lakitelek - Tiszakürt: 9,9 km - u/c (expected to be completed in Aug 2021)
Tiszakürt - Kondoros: 62 km - completed
Kondoros - Békéscsaba: 17,6 km - u/c (readiness rate: ~60%, before schedule and expected to be completed before the Jan 2021 deadline)

Construction pix from the Kondoros - Békéscsaba section:

Source: https://magyarepitok.hu/utepites/2019/11/igy-halad-az-m44-es-kivitelezese-a-bekescsabai-szakaszon?fbclid=IwAR1ut6SheA302zuxNHhsHNfAmbyomC7q0UJcaQJzgfXIloTnJNajFNzejx8

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
^^ I think it's the best solution for a temporary end. But since it's currently not planned* to extend M44 further east, it might be a long-term temporary end.

*No planning activity right now.

·
Hun Solo
7,342 Posts
The big mysteries of Hungarian road development...

They should have included that ~8 kms of widening the Békéscsaba bypass in this project. After the bypass, road 44 is 2x2 all the way to Gyula.

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
Kecskemét - Szentkirály: design phase
I think that the first kms east of M5 will be dedicated as M8 (one day). Is there any info about the estimated constrution periods for M8 and M44? Is it possible that M44 might be built and opened without the M8 extension to M5 or is it very likely that both will be open at once? Or is it even likely that M8 might be opened first?

Szentkirály - Lakitelek: 4,9 - tendered for construction (contract expected to be signed before yearend, and should be finished in 2023)
Lakitelek - Tiszakürt: 9,9 km - u/c (expected to be completed in Aug 2021)
9.9km seems to be the length of the lot. The distance between the current M44 end and the future Lakitelek interchange is about 9km only. That's what should be opened in 2021. The few hundreds of meters west the exit can only being put into service together with the next section. Then, likely another about 6km of M44 could be opened.

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
^^ But road 47 to the south must also be connected. It might be more difficult (and expensive) to do this grade-separated. Again, I think it's enough for a TEMPORARY solution. I drove there in September (well, it was Saturday morning) and it looked fine to me. They also had to build a temporary road to bypass the construction site.

I think (don't know) that the next lot might contain a grade-separated iinerchange with road 47 north.

·
Registered
273 Posts
The grade separation was already in place and will with this new solution be rendered pointless. To be clear, the M44-44-47 connection could have been done with a roundabout/junction south of the interchange, this would have allowed all movements and kept the grade separation.
I thought Norway was the only country removing grade separated junctions.

8781 - 8800 of 9245 Posts