SkyscraperCity banner

9241 - 9260 of 9282 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
The new four lane road between Győr and Pápa.

Why is this not called an 'autóút' and numbered 'M83'?

As I understand this road has four lanes with median divider, grade-separated interchanges and a 110 km/h speed limit. Wouldn't it qualify to be an expressway with the number M83?

There won't be a direct connection with M1. The new road will link to main road 83 near Ménfőcsanak.

·
51,430 Posts
The first 4 kilometers of M76 to Balatonszentgyörgy opened to traffic today if I read the translated press release correctly. The press release doesn't have good photos of the road though.

·
Hun Solo
7,628 Posts
The first 4 kilometers of M76 to Balatonszentgyörgy opened to traffic today if I read the translated press release correctly. The press release doesn't have good photos of the road though.

Yeah, I hate it when they include politicians pictures only. Better pictures here:

·
Registered
186 Posts
I still hope that the Austrian side will continue the A3 into Hungary,because if they won't link it,it's gonna be a headache to exit the highway,then drive 6-10 kms on a National road,only to enter a Highway again.

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
I still hope that the Austrian side will continue the A3 into Hungary,
It is a long way to get this done - if ever.

because if they won't link it,it's gonna be a headache to exit the highway,then drive 6-10 kms on a National road,only to enter a Highway again.
It is not good and I'd like to see a continuous motorway but I think that it won't be a big issue.

OTOH, the bigger the issue, the higher the chance to get it done one day. 2035 at the earliest....

·
Hun Solo
7,628 Posts
I still hope that the Austrian side will continue the A3 into Hungary,because if they won't link it,it's gonna be a headache to exit the highway,then drive 6-10 kms on a National road,only to enter a Highway again.
There will be two roundabouts between M85 and A3 on the Austrian side. I hope they will at least replace those with grade-separeted interchanges.

·
Hun Solo
7,628 Posts
Give the austrians enough traffic and they are bound to do the right thing....eventually. :D
There is enough traffic there already, but Burgenländers prefer traffic jams over motorways. Yes, most probably they will ban all trucks -like it is today anyway.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Looks like the bridge over the Maros/Mureș river is in the planning and design phase!
Do you have any updated infos on this project?I'm interested as I live on the other side of the border,and this link would be a benefic one for the Timiș county in Romania.

9241 - 9260 of 9282 Posts