SkyscraperCity banner

9381 - 9400 of 9420 Posts

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Those are really good news!
I hope that we'll have the Budapest-Sarajevo-Adriatic Sea motorway route (Corridor Vc/E73)at least 75% complete until 2024/5!
Good possibilities for a continues motorway to Sarajevo or better say exit of Tunnel Ivan (Bradina) until the end of 2025 and from the coast to Mostar north. I say good possibility as I'm not quite sure for Vukosavlje - Johovac and Mostar south - Mostar north. Tunnel Ivan (Bradina) - Mostar north will be missing 100%. 2030 to have the whole motorway finished is plausible (prior to 2028 is out of question).

Tunnel Prenj (10-11 km) will take at least 6 years to construct and although both tubes will be bored immediately and in full size only one will be put in service after completion (that is the current plan) while the second will be used a service tube and will not be fully equipped (as the cost of maintenance will be huge but the amount of traffic doesn't really justify it). They will probably open the second tube when they have to service the first tube or if the traffic gets really high. There is already some promised loans by EIB and EBRD in the range of 600 million € for the tunnel and around 120 million € of grant funds. The sections Mostar north - Tunnel Prenj and Ovčari (Konjic) - Tunnel Prenj will be planned to be finished around the same time as Tunnel Prenj as they would useless without the tunnel. The section Tunnel Ivan (Bradina) - Ovčari (Konjic) is currently planned as the last section.

·
52,206 Posts
STRABAG consortium wins € 246 million infrastructure contract in Hungary

• Gap closure of M6 motorway to Croatian border
  • 20 km long section with 16 bridges
  • Construction schedule: 36 months
Vienna/Budapest, 11 January 2021---The Hungarian subsidiary of European-based construction group STRABAG has been awarded a new infrastructure contract in Hungary with a volume of € 245.58 million (HUF 90.45 billion). The S-D 2020 M6 consortium, consisting of STRABAG Építő Kft. (50.12 %) and Duna Aszfalt Zrt., will complete the 20 km gap of the M6 motorway between Bóly and Ivándárda on the Croatian border. The project is scheduled to be completed within 36 months.

·
License plate spotter
1,330 Posts
... and another piece of news: on Monday this week, construction permit was approved for M4's Berettyóújfalu -Püspökladány section, a stretch of nearly 30 km. Maps excerpt for a quick visualization:

BTW, could someone post a recap of the most significant changes in Hungarian road traffic related regulations/laws for 2021? Such handy information was posted in the Slovenian thread ...

·
Registered
33 Posts
construction permit was approved for M4's Berettyóújfalu -Püspökladány section
Good news, after this stretch will be finished we have 2 alternative way from Budapest to Ro border near Oradea and opposite direction
may be via M4 will be preffered even if it non be completed yet

·
Hun Solo
8,261 Posts
Good news, after this stretch will be finished we have 2 alternative way from Budapest to Ro border near Oradea and opposite direction
may be via M4 will be preffered even if it non be completed yet
Yes, though days ahead of the villages of Kenderes and Szapárfalu...

·
12,411 Posts

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
Hopefully those dickheads got fined heavily.

·
6,619 Posts
I never understood these guys. I was close to a high-speed accident twice on motorways: once when another accident happened before us and I had to break heavily, and once when some guy was likely unsure about taking the next exit, so he slowed down to zero while staying in the lane...

I mean FFS, just take an extra 5-10 kms to the next exit and turn back outside the motorway if you need to.

·
License plate spotter
1,330 Posts
M44 is an expressway ("autóút"). While it's evident that reversing on a motorway is illegal, I did not recall from memory if that strictly applies to expressways too, but the law is crystal clear:

Egyirányú forgalmú úton, körforgalmú úton, vasúti átjáróban, autópályán és autóúton - egyirányú forgalmú úton az úttest széléhez, illetőleg a várakozóhelyre történő beálláshoz szükséges hátramenetet kivéve - hátramenetet végezni tilos.
"On one-way roads, roundabouts, railway crossings, motorways and expressways ["autóút"] - with exception of required reversing maneuvers for parking along the edge of the road or on a parking spot in a one-way road - reversing is prohibited."

·
Registered
323 Posts

big pic = click --> load full resolution --> right click and open in new page
Great motorway network that they have planned.

I can see on the image, some planned roads in Budapest. Are those motorways that will run through Budapest, or inner ring roads?

Also why hasn't construction started on the remaining part of the Budapest outer ring road?

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Great motorway network that they have planned.
I can see on the image, some planned roads in Budapest. Are those motorways that will run through Budapest, or inner ring roads?
City roads mostly with some interchange. Examples:

An inner motorway ringroad would be necessary, but we do not plan it.
Also why hasn't construction started on the remaining part of the Budapest outer ring road?
We have endless debates about the building. Finally everybody wants the western part, except a government now.

9381 - 9400 of 9420 Posts