SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Halabja (Kurdish:هه*ڵه*بجه or Helepçe), is a town in Iraqi Kurdistan, located about 150 miles (240 km) north-east of Baghdad and 8–10 miles from the Iranian border.

·
Banned
787 Posts
Halabja (Kurdish:هه*ڵه*بجه or Helepçe), is a town in Iraqi Kurdistan, located about 150 miles (240 km) north-east of Baghdad and 8–10 miles from the Iranian border.

you forgot to mention its the kurdish town were saddam chemical gassed and killed 5000 ppl including kids woman and olders

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you forgot to mention its the kurdish town were saddam chemical gassed and killed 5000 ppl including kids woman and olders
If you wish to discuss politics please go and do it elsewhere, this is a photography section, enjoy the photo's :)

·
Banned
787 Posts
i heard the KRG is going to bring down the old Monument and replace it with a massive Monument to the memories of Halabja Gassing ... it is to attract tourists all over the world !

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
This stadium is completed ! :)

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Whats painful about Halabja is that it has been neglected by the KRG, and its reletavily poor.

I would have assumed it would be build with Marble due to its heroic stance against the Baasthis scum

·
Banned
787 Posts
Whats painful about Halabja is that it has been neglected by the KRG, and its relevantly poor.

I would have assumed it would be build with Marble due to its heroic stance against the Baasthis scum
i wouldn't say neglected but not much looked after as it deserves yes i agree with you . the president of the KRG Dr Barham Salih paid a recent visit to halabja , they are opening a University there and a massive youth center

UNDP organization plans to build new hospital in Halabja

http://www.pukmedia.com/english/index.php?option=com_content

·
dreams of Babylon rising
13,685 Posts
I am aware of that but trees usually do not line themselves up in straight lines.
these trees are part of the "reforestation" campaign. I've seen similar outside sulaymania, shaqlawa etc... in kurdistan as well as in najaf, karbala, samawa etc.. in the south.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
^^ lol nice one ! they should put such signs in all Iraq airports :p

1 - 20 of 26 Posts