SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
29,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just wanted to share my experience while transiting for about 12 hours in the financial capital of Germany. My flight arrived early in the morning so, I went straight to city to explore it.

Enjoy! :cheers:

·
29,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Background information

Frankfurt am Main, better known simply as Frankfurt, is a city in the German state of Hesse and a fifth largest city in Germany with a population of approximately 733,000 inhabitants. Its urban area, however, has an estimated population of 2.3 million, while the Frankfurt/Rhine-Main metropolitan area has a population of 5.6 million.

Frankfurt is the financial and transport hub of Germany and the largest financial center in continental Europe. In Frankfurt are located in the headquarters of important financial institutions such as the European Central Bank, the German Federal Bank and the Frankfurt Stock Exchange, Deutsche Bank, Commerzbank and DZ Bank.

The city is a unique in Germany listed as one of the Global Alpha cities of the world. In 2011, a Mercer company named Frankfurt as a seventh city in the world's quality of life. According to a cost-of-living survey of The Economist, Frankfurt is the most expensive German city and the 10th most expensive city in the world.

·
29,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now lets jump to the pics..

Moments before landing

The bird that took me to the city :lol:

On the way to the city

Central Station

·
29,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Städel Museum

Some skyscrapers in Frankfurt

German Film Museum and Architecture Museum

Frankfurt Fine Arts Museum

Iron Bridge

Skyline

Cathedral Tower

·
29,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Goethe Tower: it was one of the largest wooden towers in Europe. Unfortunately it was completely destroyed on a fire only some few days after my visit in Frankfurt! :shocked::cripes:

View from the city

Love all these green! :cheers:

European Central Bank

·
29,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

One of the best Skylines in Europe!

Detail of staircase. :cheers:

It's a shame that it does not exist anymore. :eek:hno::eek:hno:

·
29,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
More pics! :D

Botanic garden

Messeturm

Bockenheimer Warte metro station entrance

Bockenheim tower

Bockenheimer Depot

Europaturm

·
29,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Central Station square

Central Station (the busiest in terms of train movements in Germany and second busiest after Hamburg in terms of daily passengers)

National Library (Frankfurt hosts along with Leipzig the central archival library and national bibliographic centre of Germany)

·
29,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
European Central Bank

The European Central Bank is the central bank for the euro and administers monetary policy of the eurozone, which consists of 19 EU member states and is one of the largest currency areas in the world. It is one of the world's most important central banks and is one of the seven institutions of the European Union listed in the Treaty on European Union.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.