SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
18,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to mention the idea of having a forum meet in Hamilton this Summer. Hamilton is one city in Ontario that I have not explored, despite not being too far away from Port Colborne, where my grandparents have a cottage and where I vacation.

There are a few Hamilton forumers in here, and maybe they could show me and others around their city. I have a feeling that a few people would be interested in being shown around.

So, who else would be interested? When are people available? I always go up to Canada in August; would people be able to do something at that time?

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
I will be available pretty much any day, just as long as I give my work notice well ahead of time. Although weekends and Mondays work perfectly for me. Now it's just up to the Hamilton forumers. I haven't discovered much of Hamilton myself, except for downtown and Hess Village and the big box stuff around Upper James St.

·
18,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll go and help show you around the city. I'm guessing it'll be in August?
The meet can be any time, if it's in August, though, I can make it.

A weekday would be best for me personally, since weekends are when I get to see cousins, aunts, and uncles. A Monday would be fine for me, like it looks like it is for Jaybird.

I won't know when I'm coming up until some time in late June or maybe July. It looks like I will be up there in the second or third week of August, for now.

Sorry that I'm making this look like it's revolving around me.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
June isn't a good month for me, got most of my vacation time during that month. July or August is good and it should be on a weekend.

I'll try and find most major events happening on weekends during July or August. I'll have my car and perhaps we could drive around certain areas like Dundas.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
So, any updates yet on our proposed Hamilton meet, August is coming up soon! I'm still free almost any time, as long as I book it in advance.

·
18,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm still interested; I haven't asked for vacation time yet, since I started working less than a month ago, but I think I'll get some time off, since my office is pretty easy-going.

I'm looking at early August for my Ontario trip, most likely that first full week in August.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
So first week of August? The second week of August in Hamilton will be busy with two festivals taking place, Festival of Friends and Mardi Gras Carnival. So that would be a good weekend to go.

·
18,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will be driving up to Canada on August 1, and driving back on August 10.

Weekends generally aren't good for me, since that is when I really get to see my aunts, uncles, and cousins. For instance, my uncle will porbably take us boating on the Saturdays, and we also have some birthdays to celebrate on the weekends. But, I can try and fiddle around with what my family wants to do, if weekends are the only thing that works.

Would any weekdays work for anyone else? Maybe the afternoon of Friday the 8th?

Don't feel like this meet has to revolve around me, by the way.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
I am free on weekends and on Wednesdays, as my August schedule at work has me off Wednesdays now. I really don't like taking too many days off work.

·
____
1,073 Posts
I could meet up on a Wednesday. I was just thinking too, if we tour Hamilton it might be best to drive around in a car. We could walk around the fairly unimpressive downtown. With a lot of walking we could tour some downtown neighbourhoods. But the really interesting stuff is further afield.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
We need to nail down a day. So I think most agree with Friday?

So either August 1, 15, 22, or 29. August 8th is bad as I have to be at work until 5pm.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts