SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Article taken from 7幢摩天大楼+399米新地标,再次见证杭州成长,就在这个月_手机网易网

" Recently, according to the official platform of Hangzhou Cloud City, the West Railway Station South and North Plaza complex will be listed at the end of January, with a total construction area of 1.3 million square meters, including a new landmark building in Hangzhou with a height of 399 meters."

Sources: 7幢摩天大楼+399米新地标,再次见证杭州成长,就在这个月_手机网易网, 重磅!杭州399米最高楼即将挂牌!云城太燃了, 重磅!杭州399米最高楼即将挂牌!云城太燃了|云城|杭州|科技城|住宅|万象城_网易订阅

·
Registered
11,782 Posts

·
A One and a Two
45,930 Posts
Move over Shenzhen, now Hangzhou doesn't care about round numbers either! First a 299 meter building, and now a 399 meter building!
^^

Probably because they don't like the number "4". :cool:;)
Trust me, If allowed, Chinese developers would like to build supertalls at the height of "666"metres and "888"metres. (those are very auspicious numbers in Chinese culture)
Although "666" would be ominous in Western culture.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^

Trust me, If allowed, Chinese developers would like to built supertalls at the height of "666"metres and "888"metres. (those are very auspicious numbers in Chinese culture)
I'm pretty sure it's 399 meters because of the tried and true H E I G H T L I M I T S

·
A One and a Two
45,930 Posts
^^

Hangzhou probably has the toughest height restriction among all major Chinese cities in order to protect the West Lake Cultural Landscape (A UNESCO World Heritage Site).
By the way, this West Railway Station Area is approx. 14.6km away from the West Lake in West Hangzhou.

The Hangzhou West Railway Station is currently under construction

·
I Love Chicago!
16,437 Posts
^^

Trust me, If allowed, Chinese developers would like to build supertalls at the height of "666"metres and "888"metres. (those are very auspicious numbers in Chinese culture)
China has 7 buildings that are 288 meters tall, though!

·
whitest boy in the delta
14,308 Posts
I thought Hangzhou had a city wide height limit. Good to see they can build up close to 400m so far away from city center though.

·
A One and a Two
45,930 Posts
the station design looks super cool, I wish they would keep it!
^^
That's the final/winning design by Hangzhou-based local architects CCTN (中联筑境).
The railway station is currently under construction according to the design.

So that’s why Hangzhou had no supertalls. I really thought China didn’t care about this stuff before the ban.
^^

Yes, those areas adjacent to the West Lake have the height limit at 25 metres.
The Old downtown in general has the building height limits varied from 80 metres to 100 metres, although the newly approved Project Hang Lung Westlake 66 (西湖恒隆广场) will have the roof height at 150 metres which recevied lots of criticism.
Even the Qianjiang New CBD on the north bank of the Qiantang River which is far away from the old downtown area has the height limit at 300 metres.

Beijing also poses strict 45 metres building height limit on its ancient downtown area (within its 2nd Ring Road).
Other ancient cities and towns have similar building height regulations. For Instance, Lijiang, Pingyao, Dali Old Town, Suzhou Old Downtown and Xi'an Old Downtown, etc.
Nanjing seems to be an exception.

·
Je suis kanonirsss
12,962 Posts
^^

Hangzhou probably has the toughest height restriction among all major Chinese cities in order to protect the West Lake Cultural Landscape (A UNESCO World Heritage Site).
By the way, this West Railway Station Area is approx. 14.6km away from the West Lake in West Hangzhou.
The Hangzhou West Railway Station is currently under construction
dear little universe, I think Hangzhou should also have developments to the east, so the city can be merged to Ningbo in some far future :love: ;)

·
I Love Chicago!
16,437 Posts
dear little universe, I think Hangzhou should also have developments to the east, so the city can be merged to Ningbo in some far future :love: ;)
Ningbo is ambitious, but Shaoxing is only 40 km away!

1 - 20 of 110 Posts