GERMAN THREAD

LOCATION: Georgstr., Ständehausstr., Karmarschstr. - Hannover - Germany
HEIGHT: 56m
FLOORS: 13
USE: Retail, Office
CONSTRUCTION TIME: 2009 - 2012
ARCHITECT: Kleihues+Kleihues

Hanover: Centrum launches construction work on Kröpcke Center

Construction work for the conversion of the Kröpcke Center retail and office property in Hanover has been launched, according to an announcement from the owner builder, Centrum Grundstücksgesellschaft. The shell is to be completed by year’s end. The anchor tenant, Peek + Cloppenburg, is slated to open in September, 2011. The whole project is to be completed in 2012.
Source: © by THOMAS DAILY GmbH, Freiburg

BEFORE:

Source: paz-online.de

AFTER:

Source: Centrum GmbH

Source: Kleihues+Kleihues

Source: Kleihues+Kleihues

Source: HAZ.de

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Scheusslicher Betonklotz. ich hoffe die Fassade wird ein wenig aufgewertet (Glas?), ansonsten steht dort Nahe dem Bahnhof ein nicht gerade attraktiver Bau.

·
Not the Builder
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Noch ist das Kröpcke-Center ein scheußlicher Betonklotz, da hast du Recht. Aber es wird, wie du den Visualisierungen entnehmen kannst, eine Fassade aus hellem Sandstein und Glas bekommen, was auf einen durchaus attraktiven, wenn auch monströsen Bau in Hannovers Mitte hoffen lässt.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
The new building looks great and is a vast improvement on the butt ugly old building!!!!!! Sadly here in the UK they built lots of crap like the old building in the 60s/70s. Luckily we are doing the same and replacing them with modern buildings.

·
Cold Ass ******
2,484 Posts
Jesus, this old building is so ugly I can´t even find words to express my disgust!!! :puke:

On the other hand the new building looks just gorgeous! Hopefully the final outcome will be as good as on the renderings. :eek:kay: :applause:

·
Premium member
9,614 Posts
Love this one. I am also glad they didn't tear the highrise down to replace is with a smaller low rise building. The renovation will be perfect.

·
Urban Hermit
5,464 Posts
The new design is very American, reminds me a bit of New York's Times Square, and a bit of the lower portion of Chicago's Trump Tower.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts