SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts
G

·
Why do people like you mention Enid so much on threads?It's just a small city in the middle of no where in Oklahoma.

·
Contents Under Pressure
9,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Why do people like you mention Enid so much on threads?It's just a small city in the middle of no where in Oklahoma.
It's because 'people like us' recognize that Enid (or possibly Two Egg) is positioned to become a global giant in this century, culminating with its hosting of the 2074 Olympic Games. By 2100, Enid will be home to the United League of Planets---cementing her position as a leading intergalactic metropolis. "Small city in the middle of nowhere" indeed!

Why do people like you not recognize this?

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
I heard Enid is going trough a massive Manhattanitation. Is that true?
Yes! It is for the skyscraper window-washing venue for the 2032 Olympics being held there!

G

·
How do you know the olympics are going to be held there?And do they have the funds to make a big city?How do you know there going to do this?Is it going to be like a huge city like Chicago or something?I do not know anything about Enid and its future so please tell me.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
please don't make me joke about Oklahoma! I currently have family members who moved there from Miami and culture shock is a mild term to describe their feelings!
Anyways Happy 4th of July to all of our Miami forumers!

·
Contents Under Pressure
9,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I heard Enid is going trough a massive Manhattanitation. Is that true?
Yes, indeed!

Just last week, Ida Mae's Pancake House added not one but TWO new vinyl seats to accomodate the crowds. It is also rumored that KFC will be adding a second location in the Enid Metroplex and that Fat Bubba's Mufflers n' Stuff is negotiating to erect a neon sign that will bring a Times Square-like excitement to midtown Enid.

Thank you for your interest in Enid. :cheers:

·
Contents Under Pressure
9,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes! It is for the skyscraper window-washing venue for the 2032 Olympics being held there!
Correct. The Enid Olympic Organizing Committee (EOOC) is also petitioning to have nude speed vacuuming and chihuahua tossing added to the roster of events. It will be the greatest Olympiad ever.

·
1,118 Posts
Yes, indeed!

Just last week, Ida Mae's Pancake House added not one but TWO new vinyl seats to accomodate the crowds. It is also rumored that KFC will be adding a second location in the Enid Metroplex and that Fat Bubba's Mufflers n' Stuff is negotiating to erect a neon sign that will bring a Times Square-like excitement to midtown Enid.

Thank you for your interest in Enid. :cheers:
Enid is a city in Garfield County, Oklahoma, United States. The population was 47,045 at the 2000 census. It is the county seat of Garfield County[3].

I heard Garfield originated from there sir. :)

·
Contents Under Pressure
9,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How do you know the olympics are going to be held there?And do they have the funds to make a big city?How do you know there going to do this?Is it going to be like a huge city like Chicago or something?I do not know anything about Enid and its future so please tell me.
All the funding to make Enid a big city has been secured and is being held in a Cayman Islands trust under the code name "Project XYZ." This process was set in motion in the mid 1970s when a gathering of American industrial titans determined that the United States needed a NEW metropolis to tackle the challenges of the 21st Century (as well as lead the charge to space colonization) and settled on Enid as the place where these dreams would be fulfilled.

The Olympics will be a mere opening salvo to this new era of Enid domination---a 'hello' to the world, if you will. It is later in the century, when Enid is to be home to the United Federation of Planets that the great metropolis will reveal herself fully.

G

·
You serious!?How come I never heard about this?How much money have they already saved up?Will it be the biggest city in the US?

·
Contents Under Pressure
9,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You serious!?How come I never heard about this?How much money have they already saved up?Will it be the biggest city in the US?
Project XYZ has always been shrouded in secrecy but it is believed that tens of billions are being held in the Cayman Islands trust. Some of the prime movers behind it are well-known financiers like Warren Buffet (also an Oklahoman) and oil tycoons like the Hunt family from Dallas. Oddly, the late actress Esther Rolle (pictured below) was also rumored to have a murky role in the project. This has never been fully confirmed but Rolle was known to extoll the virtues of Enid at many gala Hollywood affairs.

The pointman in Enid is supposedly Fred J. Sanford, who built his personal fortune in the flavored mouthwash industry. Although Sanford is a private man, he is expected to take a more visible role as Enid's massive expansion unfolds.

·
Banned
107 Posts
For having a population less than 50, 000, Enid is doing ok in terms of urbanity. That's what we modern people call "Green Manhatanization. it is indeed "OBAMA APPROVED"

Enid 2009

DID YOU KNOW

ENID IS MAKING CHINESE THE OFFICIAL LANGUAGE OF THE CITY?
ENID HAS THE LARGEST METRO SYSTEM IN AMERICA, BUT ONLY FEW KNOW ABOUT THIS?

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Hopefully they fix up their airport quick too. Last time I was their, Woodring was best comparable to the mess in Hartsfield or Heathrow. Slim it down a bit and organize the place, for pete's sake! They lost both my bags, and being such a large complex it could just not handle the massive crowds and this was back in plain august 2007, no special holiday or anything!
Don't even wanna imagine the place when Sanford finally takes charge of things. The traffic on the 412 to get into the city from Woodring is one big clusterfuck already, hopefully this is all taken into account.

Another pick I have with the place is the horrible parking over at Allen Memorial Ball Park, how they think that place will be able to handle the Puerto Rico vs. Japan game in September is beyond me. Trafic on Grand Ave is going to be epic!

They sure have their work cut out, but I can only imagine how amazing things will hopefully turn out. Fingers crossed.

·
Contents Under Pressure
9,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You guys have clearly been following Enid's rise.

It's true that the introduction of Mandarin Chinese has been problematic. It seems to work fine with the new subway, maglev rail, and hydrofoil across Lake Bea Arthur where workers respond obediently to their amplified, strident commands, but at street level it's been a mess.

Just last week, Mayor Savalas used a phonetic crib sheet to welcome a soft drink delegation from Beijing and it translated as "happy wax tadpoles are Pepsi in my eyebrows." Not good. The delegation stormed out of the Convention Center in a huff. It's something we need to work on.

As for Grand Avenue, agreed it's a mess but how could that be avoided with all the people and film crews piling into town? It's just something we'll have to deal with until the subterranean 'aqua-taxi' becomes operational, y'know?

Have faith.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts